- Office of Admissions
- Freshman Requirements
- Transfer Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Second Bachelor Requirements
- Veteran Admission
- Documents, Deadlines, & Important Information
- Admission Appeals
- Check Your Admission Status
- After You Apply
- After You're Accepted
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Security Report
- How-To Videos
- Contact Us
How to Apply for Undergraduate Admissions as an Incoming Freshman
Thank you for your interest in Cal State East Bay! We are excited to see your application and by the prospect of you joining our diverse and dynamic community. As a top-rated university, we are committed to your success. With nearly 50 enriching bachelor’s degree programs, we support our students to reach their full potential and find their path to success. In addition to robust degree programs, Cal State East Bay provides real-world education to our students that prepares them for rewarding careers.
If you are ready to unlock your potential at Cal State East Bay, learn more below about how to apply as a freshman. We will guide you through important deadlines, application procedures, and freshman admission requirements.
Incoming Freshman Application Deadlines
Before you get started on your application, please make sure to note our deadlines for freshman admissions. Your online application and all supporting documents must be submitted before the deadlines.
- Spring semester: application opens on August 1 and closes on August 31.
- Fall semester: application opens on October 1 and closes on December 4.
- 7th-semester high school transcripts are due by Feb 15 for students for the fall semester application.
Applications received after the deadlines are accepted on a space-available basis. Review all deadlines.
Steps to Apply for Freshman Admissions
We strive to make your application as easy as possible. Students interested in applying to Cal State East Bay can follow the steps listed below to complete their application.
1. Apply online and pay application fee: Complete your application for admission online via Cal State Apply, the California State University’s centralized portal. You also need to pay the $70 nonrefundable application fee. Be sure to print the application submission confirmation page for your records. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
2. Submit official high school transcripts: Request official transcripts from all high schools attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay. Official transcripts must be received by the document deadline. We accept transcripts that are submitted electronically or mailed directly by the school, or hand-carried in their original sealed envelope to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center located on the first floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or to the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus.
3. Submit Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or CLEP test scores (optional): If you completed a course at a community college or you have Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or CLEP test scores that may earn you course credit, then transcripts and/or test scores need to be submitted as well. Log in to MyCSUEB for a list of required items.
Contact the Freshman Admissions Office
The experts in Cal State East Bay’s Office of Admissions are passionate about helping students as they complete their application. They are prepared to walk you through the admissions process and connect you with the information and resources you need to successfully submit your application.
If you have any questions about the application process or our undergraduate academic programs, contact our Office of Admissions at (510) 885-3500 or email@example.com.