California Promise at Cal State East Bay
The California Promise is a program established through California Senate Bill 412 to facilitate graduation for transfer students who have completed an Associate Degree for Transfer. The California Promise program is open to California residents for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility.
Beginning fall semester 2018, students eligible to join the California Promise Program must be:
- incoming transfers with an Associate Degree for Transfer relevant to their admitted major, and
- participants must be California residents for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility.
Once enrolled in the California Promise program, students must sign a pledge which states they will satisfy the requirements for continued enrollment in the program.
- Successfully complete 30 units towards the degree every academic year (including Winter and/or Summer Sessions).
- Complete the degree program within two years for transfer students, beginning with the first term of enrollment.
- Maintain good academic standing, including a CSUEB GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Complete all required courses on the first attempt with the minimum grade requirements for the major
- Complete a California Promise advising workshop and associated workshop requirements
- Remain in the admitted major. (Students who change majors must receive approval from the California Promise advisor in the college of the new major, verifying that the change of major will allow the student to graduate in two years from their first term of enrollment as a transfer student.)
- Register for classes during the assigned California Promise priority registration window (within the first 24 hours of the registration appointment) and pay fees by the required deadlines.
Benefits of participating in the California Promise Program
- Advising specific to graduating in two years.
- Early registration time
- On-time completion of the degree can save the student money.
Applying to Cal State East Bay’s California Promise Program
Messages will be sent to the student’s MyCSUEB account in May. Eligible incoming students (California residents admitted as a transfer with a verified Associate Degree for Transfer degree relevant to their admitted major) will receive a message in their MyCSUEB account after the Intent to Enroll deadline, sometime in the month of May. This will contain a link to submit the application to the California Promise program. Submission of application does not guarantee admission to the program. Applicants must have earned the Associate Degree for Transfer degree no later than at the time of admission.
For questions not addressed here, please contact the California Promise Advisor at Wendy.Herbert@csueastbay.edu