- Office of Admissions
- Freshman Requirements
- Transfer Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Returning Students
- Second Bachelor Requirements
- Veteran Admission
- Documents, Deadlines, & Important Information
- Admission Appeals
- Check Your Admission Status
- After You Apply
- After You're Accepted
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Security Report
- How-To Videos
- Contact Us
How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Do you know that each year over 12,000 students apply to transfer to Cal State East Bay? That being said, transfer students are very much welcome here. Whether you are transferring from a community college or a four-year school, we look forward to seeing you join our community.
Cal State East Bay values each student’s individual development and we are committed to supporting our students as they achieve their professional and life dreams. We also strive to make the transition to CSUEB as smooth as possible. Below, you’ll find details about how to apply for transfer admissions, including instructions, important deadlines, an application checklist, and details on how to transfer credits.
Transfer Application Checklist
Before starting your application, please follow the list below to make sure you have everything you need:
- Unofficial transcripts. You’ll be asked to enter all courses you’ve completed, those currently in progress, and any you plan to take before transferring
- Your Social Security number, if you have one
- Your citizenship status
- Application fees are due at the time of submission and are paid by credit card
- The annual income of your parents if you are a dependent, your income if you are independent
- CCCID and Campus ID Required for ADT applicants from a California community college. These numbers should be printed on your transcript
- Your parents’ employment background and two recommendations (applies only if you are applying to the Educational Opportunity Program).
Transfer Application Instructions
Who is eligible to apply to Cal State East Bay as a transfer student? Students in good standing at the last college they attended can apply to transfer if they earned 60 or more transferable semester (90 quarter) units for upper-division transfer students or have completed less than 60 transferable semester units at the point of transfer for lower-division transfer students. Plus have an average GPA of 2.0 or better, and completed at least 30 transferable semester (45 quarter) units of college coursework with grade C or better in each course.
Are you ready to know more about the transfer application process? Here's how to get started on your college transfer application.
- Submit an application for admission online via Cal State Apply and pay the $70 nonrefundable application fee. Be sure to print the application submission confirmation page for your records.
- Request official final transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay. Official transcripts must be received by the published admission document deadlines. Transcripts will be accepted if submitted electronically or mailed directly by the college or university, or if hand-carried in their original sealed envelope to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center on the First Floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or to the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus.
How to Transfer College Credits
We understand that as a transfer student, you care about how your college credits will transfer to Cal State East Bay. In general, the Office of Admissions uploads your coursework to MyCSUEB and the Office of the Registrar finishes the evaluation within your first term at CSUEB. You can check your evaluation status in your Degree Audit Report online. Learn more about transferring college credits to Cal State East Bay.
Transfer to Cal State East Bay to Unlock Your Potential
CSUEB welcomes students from diverse backgrounds to join our energetic and inclusive community. Do you have more questions about how to complete your transfer application? We are here to help! Contact Office of Admissions at (510) 885-3500 or email@example.com. Ready to apply? Start your transfer application.