Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Returning Students

Ready to come back to class? We look forward to seeing you back on campus.

Undergraduate Cal State East Bay students who are seeking a first bachelor’s degree and who do not enroll in classes for three or more consecutive quarters must reapply for admission to the university. Students in this situation are considered to be returning students. 

Returning students in good standing may reapply to Cal State East Bay. Students who were previously academically disqualified should first set up an appointment with a readmission counselor by emailing Students who were previously administratively disqualified should first consult a counselor in the General Education office, which can also be found in the Student Services and Administration Building on the Hayward Campus.

How to Apply

To apply, submit an online application via Cal State Apply and select Undergraduate Admission Application. Applications are accepted during the transfer applicant filing periods.

You will be notified by mail upon receipt of your updated application. You do not need to send in official transcripts unless you have attended a college or university since your last enrollment at Cal State East Bay.

This policy does not apply toward admission for a second bachelor’s degree.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.