- APS Landing Page
- general studies
- Pioneer Pathways
- Fall 2021
- 2018-19 Academic Policies
- CA Promise
- Community College Partnerships
- Curriculum Development
- Early Start: 5 TO BUILD
- Faculty Advising Fellows
- Majors and Programs
- Pioneer Chat
- Pioneer Merit
- Pioneer Success Coaching
- The Bay Advisor
- Pioneer Pathways
- Fall 2022
California Promise Program
California Promise for Students who start at Cal State East Bay
The California Promise is a program established through California Senate Bill 412 to facilitate graduation in four years for freshmen, and two years for transfer students.
Please see the California Promise Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
- Advising specific to graduating in four years for frosh; two years for transfers
- Early registration time within their registration group (Example: Juniors in the California Promise Program are assigned registration times before other juniors.)
- On time completion of your degree can save you money.
Once enrolled in the California Promise program, you must satisfy the requirements for continued enrollment in the Program:
- Have a four-year degree plan completed by the end of your first term at Cal State East Bay.
- Successfully complete 30 units towards your degree every academic year at Cal State East Bay (including Winter and/or Summer session).
- Complete your degree program within four years if you are a freshman, beginning with the first term of enrollment.
- Maintain good academic standing, a GPA of 2.0 or above at Cal State East Bay.
- Complete all required courses on the first attempt with the minimum grade requirements for your major, including minimum grade requirements for prerequisites (check the catalog).
- Remain in your admitted major. If you apply to change majors, you must receive approval from your advisor who will verify that the change of major will allow you to graduate in four years from your first term of enrollment as a freshman.
- Register for classes during your assigned California Promise priority registration window (within the first 24 hours of your registration appointment) and pay fees by the required deadlines.
- Address (clear) any registration holds prior to your assigned registration window.
- Take required classes when they are offered, regardless of scheduling time.
Eligible incoming frosh and transfer students who are California residents for tuition purposes (this includes CA Dream Act students) at the beginning of their first term at Cal State East Bay will be invited to join the California Promise Program.
There is a two-step process to join:
- Complete the Pledge Form to opt into the program through the “To Do List” task on your MyCSUEB. The Pledge Form will be placed on eligible students “To Do List” about a week before classes begin for each respective term (Fall or Spring).
- Set up a four-year plan (freshmen) with your FASST advisor by the end of your first term at Cal State East Bay.
All eligible incoming California residents (for tuition purposes) frosh are invited to join California Promise through a task on the “To Do List” located on MyCSUEB.
Eligible incoming students should look for a message on their MyCSUEB account in September for fall admits and February for spring admits about a new assigned task on their “To Do List” for California Promise.
You must have a four-year by the end of your first semester at Cal State East Bay to remain eligible for the California Promise Program. If you have questions about how to create your four-year, contact your FASST advisor.
Please include your name, Net ID, and major in a message to your FASST advisor or to email@example.com.