Course Revision Request
Course Revision Information
To revise an existing course in your department, if your department chair is in agreement, you will need to complete a Course Revision Request in Curriculog. Click the "How To Initiate" tab below to learn more.
Process of Requesting a Course Revision
- Log into Curriculog
- Select the New Proposal Link
- Select the "Courses" tab
- Select the proper type of proposal
- "Course - NON-GE/GR - REVISION" if the course is NOT for General Education, Overlay, Code or Writing Skills credit.
- Course - GE Certification/Re-Certification - [Your Course Type Here] - New/Revision" if your course is for General Education, Overlay, Code or Writing Skills credit. Find the proposal label that best fits your course type.
- To proceed, select the "Start Proposal" icon to begin your proposal
- Department Chair (if not the originator)
- Dean and/or Associate Dean
- College Curriculum Committee (proposal may require additional Dean/Associate Dean review if significant changes are made at this step)
- Consultation (Newly approved curriculum reviewed by all Department Chairs and Associate Deans. Colleges/Departments have five working days to review proposals and submit any comments within Curriculog.)
- Academic Programs and Services (Technical and Articulation Officer Review, and Director, Associate Dean or Dean approval depending on proposal) If no consultation is requested, proposal proceeds as follows:
- General Education Subcommittee of CIC, if proposal is for General Education, Graduation Requirement, and/or Writing Skills credit
- Writing Skills Subcommittee of CIC, if proposal is for Writing Skills credit
- Committee on Academic Planning and Resources (CAPR), if additional resources are involved
- Committee on Instruction and Curriculum (CIC), if course meets any stipulations in 5a – 5c
- Executive Committee of the Academic Senate (ExCom), as information only, if course meets any stipulations in 5a – 5c
- Academic Senate, as information only, if course meets any stipulations in 5a – 5c
- University President, as information only, if course meets any stipulations in 5a – 5c
- University Curriculum Coordinator facilitates the completion of the proposal and addition into the catalog