Faculty/Staff AT Services
From 2006 to 2007 the CSU Chancellor's Office created the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) in response to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to make instructional material accessible for all students, faculty, staff, and the public.
To gain a better understanding of what your students are experiencing; please take the time to view the “From Where I Sit” video series featuring eight Cal State East Bay students with disabilities who share their classroom experience.
Course material affected by the ATI includes:
- Microsoft Word documents & PowerPoint presentations
- PDF documents (self-created or imported)
- Online lectures
- Course readers
- Slides/videos/YouTube clips
- Any published written text
To assist you, faculty AT support services provides:
- Software for course material conversion to accessible format.
- Hardware to support alternative text such as:
- Tactile image machine
- Braille printer
- Large print accessible photo copier
- Faculty workshops: Overview of instructional material accessibility, creating accessible Microsoft Word documents and PowerPoints, as well as PDFs
- Captioning services for video materials
- One-on-one consultation
- Online training resources