Career Goal Skills
CLP dedicates itself to support our students in their quest to achieve a college diploma however, we do not just want it to be a piece of paper. We want our students to be able to utilize their college degrees out in the “real world”. This is why CLP works with students early in their college careers to identify vocational career goals. Once the student has identified a profession they would like to work in, CLP develops a plan with the student to support them in preparation for their desired profession.
During the Freshman and Sophomore years, CLP uses a variety of supports and techniques to support our students in becoming “job ready” including:
- Determining a desirable & practical profession
- Attending career fair and workshops with the student
- Guiding the student in researching volunteer, internship, and part-time job opportunities
- Supporting students in developing resumes, cover letters and portfolios
- Developing foundational skills necessary for employment including time management and professional communication
- Hosting volunteer days to gain practical experience
- Hosting special work preparation events such as the Workforce Recruitment Program in fall, our Salesforce-CLP Partnership Day. (*Currently on hold.)
Interested in increasing your work skill set?
Want to enhance your resume?
Check out this program:
Cal State East Bay, in partnership with Ohlone College's Tri-Cities Career Center, has an educational grant program through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). This grant could provide a partial or a full funding opportunity for eligible certificate programs.To see if you qualify, please complete the WIOA intake form and a member of the team will get back to you.