Graduation Checklist

As you approach finishing your degree, you will need to complete all required coursework, file for graduation, and make plans to attend your commencement ceremony. To avoid delays in your degree being posted, undergraduate students should review the following steps.

  1. Review your major(s), minor(s), and/or option(s) progress with your departments, and make sure your major(s), minor(s), and/or option(s) are recorded.
  2. Visit your major/minor departments to make sure they submit a major/minor check to the graduation evaluations office. Please refer to Important Dates to view the deadlines to file for graduation.
  3. Once the major check is received, your graduation evaluator will begin to review your file. They cannot begin a file review before this document is received.
  4. Check your unofficial transcript in MyCSUEB to make sure your majors, minors, and options are recorded properly and if not, complete a Change of Major/Minor/Option form for undergraduates or a Request to Change Option for graduate students.

Review your General Education requirements in your CSU Academic Advisement Report in MyCSUEB or with an academic advisor. Undergraduate students should additionally check with Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) to ensure all General Education (GE) requirements have been met. EOP and EXCEL students should visit their counselor.

Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for graduation if they have satisfied the University Writing Skills Requirement (UWSR) and have completed 90 semester units (135 quarter units). Transfer students from community colleges may only use a maximum of 70 semester units (105 quarter units) of community college work towards this minimum.

Graduate students who have satisfied the University Writing Skills Requirement (UWSR) are eligible to file for graduation.

For further information, please visit WST

Filing for graduation is a required step for all students wishing to graduate from Cal State East Bay, except for Credential program students. Students who are completing a Credential program only (with no additional graduate degree programs in progress) do not need to file for graduation. Check with your Credential Program office for additional information.

Please refer to Important Dates to view the deadlines to file for graduation.

To File for Graduation, follow these steps:

  1. Log in to MyCSUEB with your NetID and password.  Under "Student Center," select the "Apply for Graduation" link and follow the prompts to select the degree and term for your graduation.  If the link is not visible, you may not be eligible to apply for graduation yet; see above for graduation application eligibility requirements. 

  2. Contact your major and minor departments to initiate a graduation check form, which will be completed by the department and sent to the graduation evaluations office for further review.

NOTE: After you file for graduation, a $54.00 graduation filing fee will be applied to your student account. For additional information on your next steps after you File for Graduation, view After Applying for Graduation.

  1. Make sure your address is correct in MyCSUEB so you receive your diploma.  The diploma is mailed to your permanent home address (not necessarily your mailing address) approximately 6-8 weeks after your degree is posted.
  2. If you have a legal name change or your legal name does not appear as it should submit a Personal Data Change form by the end of your final term.

If you have requested a FERPA block be placed on your record to prevent disclosure of your personal directory information, your name will not be printed in the commencement program unless you request the block to be removed. For more information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at