- The latest information on COVID-19
- Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy and Minimizing COVID-19 Risks
- I'm Sick/Someone I Know is Sick. What Do I Do?
- Workplace Checklists and Protocols
- COVID-19 related Human Resources information
- Coming to Campus
- Protective and Disinfecting Supplies
- Campus Signs: Print Your Own
- Overall Health and Wellness
- Current Regional and State Information
- Return to Campus Glossary
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund
- Ask A Question
Resources for Staff
Temporary building hours
Beginning on Monday, Dec. 14, the front doors of the Student Services and Administration Building will be open from 7 a.m. -10 a.m., Monday through Friday. Any employee who doesn’t have card key access and who needs to enter the building after 10 a.m. should call their manager to let them in.
For the time being, the Student and Faculty Support (SF) Building will also be open from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. since there are some employees in University Extension who will be working in the building.
The Recreation and Wellness Center, both university unions and Disability Services will remain closed through the holidays. The Student Health & Counseling Center will also remained closed, but can be open in the case of emergency by Dr. Jones or Shauna Hong. The Athletics Office Suite located in the Foundation Bookstore building will also be closed.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential counseling and referral service designed to help employees and their eligible dependents resolve personal, work, or home life events. Benefits eligible employees in all bargaining units are eligible for these services.
If you encounter a student in need
The Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund provides immediate assistance to CSUEB students in need due to the COVID-19 crisis. Students seeking support from the Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund should complete the Student Application for Emergency Assistance through Pioneers for H.O.P.E.
What if I'm sick?
If you are ill, do not come to campus. Please visit the I'm sick/someone I know is sick page for more information.
What do I do if I learn that a student is ill?
It is important that students who are ill not report to campus until medically cleared. Please tell the student to call their primary health care provider or seek outside evaluation. Students may also call the Student Health Center for non-COVID 19 illnesses/concerns. Resources regarding COVID-19 testing can be found here if needed. If you find out that a student is positive for COVID-19, please email your dean and Student Health at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, students may have to submit a generic note of clearance, but they are not obligated to disclose a diagnosis or any health information to faculty/staff.
Facilities Development & Operations
- Submit your work request online or call 5-4444 from a campus phone or (510) 885-4444 from your cell phone. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Submit key request online. If you need any other assistance, please help us maintain social distancing by calling the FDO office one hour before arriving at our office, and our staff will have your item ready for pickup.
ITS' Service Desk can be contacted in the following ways:
The impact of COVID-19 is continually fluid, and the university will post information about campus repopulation and other resources on this website. If you have questions or comments that would improve this site, please submit them through this online form.