Healthcare as an industry is anticipated to become one of the largest employers in the United States in the next ten years with healthcare support and technical occupations being two fastest growing labor groups. There are hundreds of job opportunities and areas of practice in this field. A degree in Health Sciences from CSUEB provides the foundation graduates need to participate in this exciting and growing field.
Health sciences is an interdisciplinary field that focuses on the application of physical, biological, and social sciences to understand and to improve health in human beings. It is an applied science that focuses on knowledge and skills necessary to practice in both clinical and population health settings. Students in our Health Sciences program prepare for careers in healthcare administration and policy, public health or prepare for further training in technical or professional clinical programs.
The Health Sciences degree program is the second largest and the fastest growing program at CSUEB.
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
Dept. Office: Student and Faculty Support Bldg, Room 502
Phone: (510) 885-3481
Fax: (510) 885-2156
Office Hours: 8–5, M–F
- Cal State East Bay to Host Composer, Pianist Menachem Wiesenberg
- Cal State Faculty Honored for Influence on Students, Community
- Institute for STEM Education at Cal State East Bay Receives Honor
- Cal State East Bay to Kick Off $60 Million Campaign
- CSUEB Aims to Lower Number of Hungry, Homeless Students