- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Pascale S. Guiton, Ph.D. Faculty Profile
Pascale S. Guiton, Ph.D.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 510-885-3412
- Office: SC-S352 / Laboratory SC-S350
- Office Hours: Spring 2019 Tu 3:00 pm-4:00 pm, Th 11:00 am - 12:00 pm or by appointment
- Vitae: View my CV
- Home Page: https://guitonlab.com
Note: CSUEB does not pre-approve, monitor, or edit personal pages. Faculty members are solely responsible for their content, and are expected to conform to the policy guidelines of CSUEB.
My laboratory studies the biology of Toxoplasma
Students, including Freshmen and Sophomores, interested in research in Molecular Microbiology, Parasitology, and Medical Microbiology; as a means to further expand their scientific interests, are welcome to visit our website https://guitonlab.com for more information on our group, the research we conduct, and how to be part of the team. No previous laboratory experience required!
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Laboratory of John Boothroyd, Ph. D., Stanford University School of Medicine (2012-2017)
- Ph.D., Biological Sciences and Medicine , Washington University in St. Louis (2012)
- B. Sc., Biological Sciences, Georgia State University (2005)
|Course #||Sec||Course Title||Days||From||To||Location||Campus|
|BIOL 441||01||Parasitology||TTH||11:00AM||12:15PM||WEB-ONLINE||Online Campus|
|BIOL 445||01||Immunology||MW||6:30PM||7:45PM||WEB-ONLINE||Online Campus|
|BIOL 446||01||Pathogenic Microbiology||MW||5:00PM||6:15PM||WEB-ONLINE||Online Campus|
|BIOL 490||06||Independent Study||ARR||WEB-ONLINE||Online Campus|
|BIOL 681||06||Research||ARR||WEB-ONLINE||Online Campus|
- Cao B and Guiton PS. Important human parasites of the tropics. Frontiers for Young Minds 2018 6:58.
- Guiton PS, Sagawa J, Fritz H, JC Boothroyd. An in vitro model of intestinal infection reveals a developmentally regulated transcriptome of Toxoplasma sporozoites and
a NF-κB-likesignature in infected host cells. Plos One 2017 12(3): e017301
- Frank KL, Guiton PS, Barnes AM, Manias DA, Chuang-Smith ON, Kohler PL, Spaulding AR, Hultgren SJ, Schlievert, PM, Dunny GM. AhrC and Eep are biofilm infection-associated virulence factors in Enterococcus
faecalis. Infect Immun. 2013 81(5):1696-708.
- Guiton PS, Hannan TJ, Ford B, Caparon MG, Hultgren SJ. Enterococcus
faecalis overcomesforeign body-mediated inflammation to establish urinary tract infections. Infect. Immun. 2013 81(1):329-39. Articleof Significant Interest Selected from This Issue by the Editor
- Guiton PS, Cusumano CK, Kline KA, Dodson KW, Han Z, Janetka JW, Henderson JP, Caparon MG, Hultgren SJ. Combinatorial small-molecular therapy prevents uropathogenic Escherichia coli catheter-associated urinary tract infections in mice. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2012 56(9):4738-45.
- Nielsen HV, Guiton PS, Kline KA, Port GC, Pinkner JS, Neiers F, Normark S, Henriques-Normark B, Caparon MG, Hultgren SJ. The metal ion-dependent adhesion site motif of EbpA pilin mediates pilus function in catheter-associated urinary tract infection. Mbio. 2012 3(4):e00177-12.
- Guiton PS, Hung CS, Hancock L., Caparon MG, Hultgren SJ. Enterococcal biofilm formation and virulence in an optimized murine model of foreign body-associated urinary tract infection. Infect. Immun. 2010 78(10):4166-4175. **Article of Significant Interest Selected from This Issue by the Editor*
- Guiton PS, Hung CS, Kline KA, Roth R, Kau AL, Hayes E, Heuser J, Dodson KW, Caparon MG, Hultgren SJ.
Contributionof autolysin and sortase A during Enterococcus faecalisDNA-dependent biofilm development. Infect. Immun. 2009 77(9):3626-38.
Coordinator of CSU East Bay Biology Seminar Series
CSUPERB Don Eden Graduate Student Research Award Committee.
Faculty Consensus Group (
Coordinator of the First Annual Research Symposium of CSU East Bay Department of Biological Sciences, Hayward C
Biology Club Faculty Co-Adviser, California State University East Bay, Hayward, CA.