- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Abinash Bhattachan Faculty Profile
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (510) 885-3486
- Office: North Science 352
- Vitae: View my CV
- Home Page: https://abhattachan.github.io
Note: CSUEB does not pre-approve, monitor, or edit personal pages. Faculty members are solely responsible for their content, and are expected to conform to the policy guidelines of CSUEB.
Dr. Abinash “Abi” Bhattachan’s current and past research projects seek to better understand the challenges of global environmental change on coupled natural-human systems. He is currently investigating the climatic and environmental determinants of cocciodioidomycosis (commonly known as Valley Fever) in California. He received his Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences from University of Virginia and his dissertation chapters studied the multi-scale effects of dune mobilization in the Southern Kalahari. Prior to coming to CSU East Bay, he was a researcher at UCLA.
He joined the CSUEB faculty in 2020 and is currently accepting undergraduate and graduate students in his research group.
Research Interests: Land degradation, Aeolian processes, Air quality, Sea level rise, Geospatial analytics, Coupled natural - human systems
- Ph.D., University of Virginia (Environmental Sciences)
- M.S., Indiana University Bloomington (Environmental Sciences)
- B.S., Utah State University (Watershed Science and Earth Systems)
Not teaching this semester.
Please check my Google Scholar for an up-to-date list of publications,