- Office of Diversity
- Faculty Fellows
- UDO Letters
- Election Resources
- Cultural Awareness Keynote Speakers 2019-2020
- Title IX and Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation
- Faculty and Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Affinity Groups
- Diversity Advisory Committee Action Plan
- Diversity Advisory Council
- Diversity & Inclusion Student Center (DISC)
- Ombuds Services
- About Us
Appointments Not AvailableWe are currently in the process of updating this service and transitioning to a new program structure. During this transition, appointments will not be available. Please check this page for updates on the transition.
What We Do
We help resolve work-related concerns.
Ombuds Services at California State University, East Bay is an independent, neutral resource for informal problem-solving. The mission is to provide a safe place where employees may talk in confidence about a conflict, complaint, or issue with an impartial third party (the Ombuds). Because the Ombuds is impartial, visitors to the office can speak candidly about their concerns without fear of reprisal. Following the standards of practice as defined by the International Ombudsman Association, the Office of Ombuds Services is a confidential, independent, impartial, and informal resource for members of the university community (staff, faculty, and administrators) at California State University, East Bay.
Using Ombuds Services
The CSUEB Ombuds service is open to all employees. We offer a safe place to discuss problems or concerns within the University, and we can help you identify options for addressing specific concerns and resolving conflicts. Ombudspersons treat all inquiries as confidential (except as required by law or where there appears to be imminent risk of serious harm). Ombudspersons do not take a side in disputes. Overall, Ombudspersons are advocates for fairness and equity. We encourage you to visit with one of the University Ombudspersons when:
- You want to discuss a sensitive question or issue
- You think there has been miscommunication
- You are unsure what policies or procedures apply
- You want to discuss a campus-related issue
- You have a concern about campus climate
- You have a work-related conflict or dispute
- You feel you have been treated unfairly
- You are unsure of where to go or what options exist to solve a problem
- Call Ombuds Services at (510) 885-2861
- Leave your name, phone number and the best times for us to reach you
- You will receive a return phone call within 24 hours of a work day
- During the phone conversation, you will be able to share your issue with an Ombuds representative. At that time, a face-to-face appointment will be scheduled
Please do not leave any message that contains confidential or sensitive information. Keep in mind that email is not confidential. Simply leave your name and a telephone number and we will respond as soon as possible.
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542