Admission, Financial Aid and Student Record Forms
CSUEB List of Campus Student Resources
Every scholarship is different. So you must approach each scholarship application and/or interview accordingly. The more you know about the organization, the better chance you have of winning the scholarship.
When applying for scholarships, it is important to keep several things in mind:
- Know who created the scholarship and why
- Find out information about the organization and what they do
- Know something about the organization's history
- Know past recipients and their accomplishments
- Know who is on the selection committee for the scholarship
- Prepare for the interview
- Brush up on current events
Scholarship and Financial Aid Sites
Graduate School Links
- Ctc - California Commission on Teacher Credentialing information (CBEST, PR AXIS, SSAT, MSAT)
- Graduate Record Exam - (GRE) home page
- Law School Admission Test
- Medical College Admission Test - (MCAT) home page
GRE Note: When you register for the GRE, sign up for the free Graduate Record Exam Search Service to find out about graduate schools that search for students like you. You will receive information from graduate and professional schools whose recruitment profile matches your qualifications and level of preparedness.
- Beckercpa - Becker Convisor CPA Review (CPA)
- Extended & Continuing Education- CSUEB Extended and Continuing Education offers various exam preparations
- Review- Various exam reviews and preparations from The Princeton Review
- San Jose State University- Offers various exam preparations, look under Continuing Education
- Kaplan - Various exam preparations, ask about an on-campus Free Practice Test, check out the Free Practice On-Line Tests.
- Testing4 - Testing for the Public offers various exam preparations
- Magoosh- Committed to making test prep accessible, effective, and enjoyable so that students can achieve their educational dreams.
Fellowships are usually awarded on the basis of academic merit and provide stipends that need not be repaid. In most cases, recipients must maintain a specified level of academic achievement. Many departments and professional schools have their own fellowship opportunities.
Grants/scholarships are often awarded on the basis of financial need or special talent in a field.
Fellowship/grant/scholarship amounts vary from a few hundred dollars to several thousand. Some awards may extend to more than one year. For a list of fellowships/grants/and scholarships available in your field, consult the department or school you are considering attending and check out the web sites listed above.
Departments may award teaching assistantships, which include a stipend (up to half-time) for assisting a faculty member during the academic year. Teaching assistantships (may be up to 20 hours a week) may also involve leading a discussion section, supervising a laboratory, grading papers, and meeting with students. A teaching assistant helps an institution teach its undergraduate students in return for a salary (and sometimes fee/tuition remission) that helps support his/her own graduate studies.
A research assistantship carries a stipend (up to half time) for conducting research with a faculty member, with the possibility of extending to full time during the summer break.
One may apply for assistantships through department offices. Both awards provide valuable academic experience. Many institutions also waive or reduce tuition for teaching and research assistants.