Setting up your iPhone with Gmail
Note: If you have been using your iPhone with the previous mail system,
you will most likely need to remove the existing account. If not, skip to Step 2.
Step 1: Remove previous Account Setup on your iPhone
- Turn on your iPhone Go to 'Settings'
- Go to 'Mail, Contacts, "Calendars"
- Click on the Exchange Account
- Scroll towards the bottom and click on "Delete Account"
- Next, you will see the Delete Account warning, click "Delete Account"
Step 2: Configuring CSUEB Gmail for your iPhone or iPod touch
Quick Settings Instructions
- Tap Settings Mail, Contact, Calendar Add account Exchange Account
- Email: email@example.com
- Domain: leave blank
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server: m.google.com
- Mail: On
- Contacts: On or off your choice
- Calendar: On
Detailed Instructions with screen shots
- Make sure you've enabled IMAP in your main settings @ http://email.csueastbay.edu
- On your iPhone or iPod touch's home screen, tap Settings
- Tap Mail
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your account information, be sure to use your full CSU East Bay email address.
- Tap Next
- Tap Next
- Tap Done