Top NavTop NavTop Nav

About Student Housing and Residence Life

Pioneer Heights Layout

Welcome to Student Housing and Residence Life at Cal State East Bay! Let’s get started with an online “tour” of our housing complex, called Pioneer Heights.

Hours of Operation (closed most major holidays and campus closures)

Hours of Operation

Lassen Office

El Dorado Hall


Monday - Friday

Monday - Sunday

Monday - Friday

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Lassen Virtual

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM- Lassen open for in-person drop-ins

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Lassen Virtual

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Lassen open for in-person drop-ins

2:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Lassen Virtual

Virtual - Lassen staff "virtually" available (phone, Zoom, chat, email, etc.)

8:00 PM - 10:00 PM 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM


Contact Us

Lassen Hall
  • 1901 Harder Road
  • Hayward, CA 94542

Frequently Asked Questions

Please review our payment schedule to see up to date housing costs.

No. On campus housing, either in Pioneer Heights or University Village, is very limited. If we are not able to offer you a space, you will be placed on a paid waiting list until space becomes available.

Applications to live on campus are now available through the Student Housing Portal! To complete your application, you must submit a non-refundable application fee of $40, complete the online portion of your contract, and submit your $500 initial payment.

Yes. We do not have a fee waiver for the housing application.

No. The initial payment must be paid out of pocket.

Yes. Meal plans are mandatory for all residents living on campus, whether it is in Pioneer Heights Apartments, Freshmen Suites, or University Village Apartments. Click here for meal plan options.

Yes. Health insurance is mandatory and it’s also federal law. Domestic students (US citizens) must provide the primary policy member’s name and policy number at the time you complete your contract. For international students, please follow instructions here!

No. We do not offer family housing at this time.

Our waitlist does not have numbers. Our waitlist is organized by contract completion date. Housing is first come- first serve and we place students from the waitlist based on the date their contract is completed online.

You can submit a Request to Cancel Form to the Lassen Front Desk. Before submitting a cancellation form, we highly recommend reviewing our cancellation policy before you turn in your form. Click here for more information.

No. We have designated move-in day(s) and times for our different Housing areas. For a complete list of all move-in information.

Parking permits are required when parking on campus. Please visit the Parking and Transportation website to purchase a parking permit.

When you order a parking permit online and use your Student Housing mailing address it will be sent to the Parking and Transportation office which is located in the SF building suite#140. Parking and Transportation Services will notify based on the contact information you provided when purchasing your parking permit. If you have any questions regarding parking or transportation needs on campus please contact them at 510-885-3790.
© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.