- University Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
THE LATEST HOUSING INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Housing Related Questions
Yes, with the following hours:
Monday - Friday
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Mailboxes accessible 24/7
Out of an abundance of caution, Housing has made the decision to suspend all guest visitations, including general guest visits and overnight guests. The safety and security of our residents is our foremost charge, and by limiting persons in the halls to only residents and staff we feel we can best ensure those two needs are met. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding during this time.
Yes, facial coverings are required all day/night, unless outside or in your own suite/apartment with only the residents assigned to the space.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, frequently.
- Use hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Appropriately cover your coughs and sneezes (use a tissue, cough into your elbow).
- Clean surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Stay home when sick.
- Practice social distancing (maintain 6 feet distance from others, avoid crowded spaces and places).
- Encourage the person to maintain strict hygiene practices and seek medical assistance if their condition worsens.
- Limit physical contact as well as any sharing of items to reduce the likelihood of illness transmission.
- Spreading misinformation and stereotypes will only feed into greater fear. Maintaining the health and safety of our Cal State East Bay community remains our greatest priority and each of us can play a part in helping us to stay informed and prepared. We can and must support each other in a creative, positive and collaborative manner.
All residents are required to inform Student Housing immediately after testing positive for COVID or after being exposed to a person who has a confirmed case of COVID.
Contact Housing by either filling out the COVID Disclosure form through the link above, call the Housing Office at 510-885-7444 during business hours, or the RA on duty after hours. Our staff will work with you through our COVID protocols and provide support.
Additional information can be found from these reputable sources:
Cal State East Bay - Student Health & Counseling Services (https://www.csueastbay.edu/shcs/health-update.html)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html)
Governor's Office of Planning and Research (http://opr.ca.gov/covid-19/)
Please follow email and web communications for the most updated information regarding housing. Your response is important and will help Housing provide the best service during this transition.