This quick steps guide demonstrates how to approve a Recruitment Request for Staff and/or MPP position through PeopleSoft. When a department submits a Recruitment Request in PeopleSoft, the approval workflow and email notifications get triggered. An email notification first goes to Human Resources (HR) for approval; then it goes to different approvers based on your division’s approval structure (up to the President’s Office for new MPP positions).
- Navigate to the Staff home page
- Click PeopleSoft MyHR link
- Enter your NetID and Password
- Click Sign In
Approve Recruitment Request
- Navigate to Recruiting > Pending Approvals
- The Pending Approvals page displays
- If there are multiple pending Recruitment Requests, they all will display.
- There are two methods to approve a Recruitment Request, both are described below.
- Approval Method 1: Select the check box next to each Recruitment Request you wish to approve
- Use the drop-down menu to select Approve and click the Go button
- Do not deny the request without having appropriate communication with the hiring department or the person who originally submitted this Recruitment Request.
- If a request is denied, it cannot be used anymore and a new Recruitment Request needs to be submitted to proceed with the recruitment process.
- Approval Method 2: When the Pending Approvals page displays, click the hyperlinked subject
- The Approvals page of the Recruitment Request displays
- Review the approval workflow and any comments that may have been entered by the previous approvers.
- Clicking the Approve button approves the Recruitment Request.
- Clicking the Pushback button, sends the Recruitment Request back to the previous approver in the approval workflow.
- Clicking the Deny button cancels the Recruitment Request. A new Recruitment Request needs to be submitted to proceed with the recruitment process.
- Before approving the Recruitment Request, view all the hyperlinked pages for the Recruitment Request to see all the details about this recruitment
- View the Basic Recruit Info, Position Information, Search Plans, Posting Information, Applicant Attachments and Attachments hyperlinks for more more details about this recruitment.