Transfer Admission Requirements

Transfer (Undergraduate):

If you have completed college units after graduation from high school, you are considered a transfer student.

International Lower Division Transfer Admission

Cal State East Bay is currently accepting applications from lower division transfer students. Lower division transfers students have attended a college or university after graduating from high school but will not have earned 60 transferable semester units prior to transferring.  You will be required to submit your official high school transcripts with evidence that you have graduated along with transcripts of ALL colleges and universities that you have attended. 

International Upper Division Transfer Admission Requirements**

An Upper Division Transfer is classified as an applicant who has earned a minimum of 60 semester / 90 quarter transferable units.

NOTE: Cal State East Bay is not currently accepting applications from students who have already earned the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree.  We are only accepting second bachelor’s degree applicants for the following two programs: 1) online only Business Administration and 2) Nursing . Please contact the International Admissions Office for further information.


Minimum requirements for Upper Division Transfer:

  • Have completed 60 semester / 90 quarter or more transferable units.
  • Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better in all transferable units attempted. 
  • Be in good standing at the last college or university attended.
  • Applicants from a U.S. college must have a grade of C or better in each of the following courses that meet the General Education requirements at Cal State East Bay:
    • Oral Communication: a public speaking course (A1 at California community colleges)
    • Written Communication: a freshman English composition course (A2 at California community colleges)
    • Critical Thinking: a logic or argumentation / debate course (A3 at California community colleges)
    • Math / Quantitative Reasoning: a math course with intermediate algebra as a prerequisite (B4 at California community colleges).  The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements in English communication and mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning are also accepted.

To determine if your courses will transfer and/or satisfy the above requirements (A1, A2, A3, B4) you can use the following resources:

  • California Community College Courses: Search for courses in ASSIST
  • Private or out-of-state colleges: CSUEB maintains the TES database of pre-approved transfer courses from private and out-of-state colleges. If you do not see your course listed, it does not necessarily mean it will not be transferable since it only contains courses already reviewed by our staff. You can  Search for Courses in TES

Additional Information:

  • Ordinary Level (O-Level): we accept O-Level passes.
  • Advance Level (A-Level): we accept up to 24 semester (36 quarter) units with individual class grade C- or higher.
  • You may eligible to receive college credits from taking International Baccalaureate(IB) and Advance Placement(AP).  Requirements are applied.
Note: The final transcript evaluation will be done at the time of matriculation. For further information on admission process, please contact the international admissions office "".