Leadership Certificate Program
The Pioneer Leadership Certificate Program will not be available Fall 2021 and we will notify the community for opportunities in the future.
The Leadership Certificate Program is an opportunity for student leaders, especially those involved in student organizations, to gain skills in leading organizations. This is a great opportunity to learn more and be able to prove to employers that you have skills in leading groups of people. All students will be recognized and awarded their certificate at the Student Organization Leadership And Recognition (SOLAR) Event at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Student Life and Leadership programs if you have any questions. 510-885-3657.
Please make sure to review the program and attend an information session before signing up.
The Pioneer Leadership Certificate Program develops student leadership through experiential lessons to learn about self and to measure leadership capacity. The program is centered around an online series created by Dr. Daniel Martin, called Leading with Compassion.
Leading with Compassion is an 8 week (Approximately 1 hour per session), peer to peer intervention that has significantly increased compassion, leadership, service orientation and subjective happiness while significantly decreased stress, anxiety and depression in 1000's of participants across 6 countries.
Click here to learn more about Dr. Daniel Martin on his faculty page at Cal State East Bay.
Weekly Topics Include
- Compassionate Leadership
- Personality and Leadership
- The Dark Side of Leadership
- Leadership Power
- Leadership Styles
- Leading and Building Teams
- Motivation and Leadership
- Developing Myself and Others
- Attend an information session.
- Sign-up by the deadline that will be given to those who attend an information session.
- Complete the 8 Week online series within the semester with your partner.
- Attend 3 community check-in sessions throughout the semester.
- Complete the Pioneer Leadership Certificate Completion Form.
- Accept your certificate at the annual Student Organization Leadership And Recognition Awards Banquet.
- Participants have the opportunity to choose their partner at one of the Information Sessions or can be paired randomly. We find that if you pick someone you don't know well, the program is more successful. Partners are paired for the whole program.
- We are all Leaders in Student Life, and can learn and teach each other!
- Peer to peer outcomes are far stronger than solo - you are not alone!
- Build community, networks and connections.