Women in Leadership Fellows
Women in Leadership Fellows 2019 - 2020
College of Business and Economics
The College of Business and Economics is piloting a fellowship program to reduce the gender gap in leadership by providing opportunity and mentoring to high potential students in our MBA and MSBA program. We seek to help you leverage your experience, energy and learning for social good; and to prepare you for leadership roles in your careers.
Eligibility is open to all Hayward MBA and MSBA students enrolled for the 2019-2020 academic year.
SPRING INTAKE APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY 1/31/2020.
See the application criteria and details below.
The Women in Leadership Fellows Mentors are made up of a diverse group of CSUEB alumni and local business professionals.
- Fellows will be paired with a business executive mentor for the academic year who will provide advice on professional development.
Women in Leadership
- Fellows will enroll and participate in a Women in Leadership seminar at CBE in Spring 2020 (academic credit available). More details to follow.
Social Entrepreneurship Leadership Project
- Fellows will engage in the social sector and contribute to their community in a social entrepreneurship project of their choosing in the 2019-2020 academic year. [i]Fellows will present their projects at a reception in June 2020.
[i] For example, fellows can identify a non-profit such as National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Habitat for Humanity, Alzheimer’s Foundation, CSUEB’s Pioneers for HOPE, or Kiva to lead an initiative for them. Fellows can also create a project from their own vision that will positively impact the community. Projects with women’s organizations that serve to reduce the gender gap in employment (such as Girls Who Code, Radical Monarchs, Prospera, etc.) are highly recommended.
Professional Development Allowance
- Fellows will have access to an allowance of up to $1000 for their professional development, and expenses related to their social entrepreneurship projects.
Meet this year's Women in Leadership Fellows!
Spring Intake Application
A. Essay response to the following:
- As a leader, how are you going to make a difference? What impact will you have on your community? (750 words)
- Why will this Fellowship experience be helpful to you? (500 words)
- What are your leadership aspirations? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now (500 words)
B. What is your cumulative GPA in the MBA or MSBA program?
Applications due Friday, January 31, 2020.
To submit an application, click on the button below or email email@example.com.
- Eligibility: Open to Hayward MBA and MSBA students enrolled for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- ''The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.''- Iyanla Vanzant