Instructional Continuity: Online/Hybrid
Summer/Fall 2022: Virtual Office Hours
Friendly Reminder: Faculty can always email email@example.com and request the Zoom information and ask questions related to online teaching and learning. This email address is monitored by our System Administrators and eLearning Specialists. For basic technical questions, feel free to call 24X7 phone number: (Blackboard) 1-855-414-9911 or (Canvas) 1-866-325-0853.
This page will provide instructors with some possible instructional strategies should there be a disruption in normal campus operations. Instructors should make sure their syllabus is posted in Blackboard and encourage all students to get familiar with various Blackboard and online conferencing tools. Instructors may want to consider Zoom, text, lectures sent by email or through Blackboard, creating online videos or other engagement activities. Below are some support tools the campus offers to help instructors provide virtual instruction, should it be desired or necessary.
- Here is a link directly of the Continuity of Instruction Preparedness Checklist, to access click here
- For a brief tour of the Blackboard landing page, watch this quick video.
- For steps on how to upload content (ex: syllabus) in your Blackboard course, watch this quick video.
- For information on how to use Blackboard (Classic) for course design, communication, collaboration, and assessment, watch these quick videos.
- For information on how to use Blackboard (Ultra) for course design, communication, collaboration, and assessment, watch these quick videos.
- For related training and support step-by-step guides, tutorials, documents, and web links for Blackboard, read Blackboard Help Center articles.
- At this time, please look out for the announcement via OAA Newsletter or campus announcement.
- Please check out this updated list for the free wifi for online learning during COVID-19 and share with your students.
24x7 Technical Support for Faculty & Students
Live Online Help: Live Chat
- This service is provided by Blackboard Inc. and BB will provide all the basic support related to Blackboard, technology, tools, and escalate any unresolved tickets or requests to CSUEB Office of the Online Campus for further assistance.
- There may be extended wait times and the possibility of delayed responses. Please be patient and wait on the line or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will email you back within 24 hours during weekday.
- You can email Blackboard Support email@example.com
- Or, email one of our instructional designers
- Meg Taggart firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Munoz email@example.com
- Lacey Garza firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl Saelee email@example.com
- Feel free to email Roger Wen firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional support.
- For inquiry on getting your course certify as quality course visit this webpage.
NetTutor is a comprehensive online tutoring service for all levels of college courses. Students have the options to use 24/7 1-on-1 tutoring, or leave a question for a tutor. Instructors and students access NetTutor by:
- Selecting “Tools” from the left menu item after log into the Blackboard, then
- Click the “NetTutor” icon.
For more information on NetTutor, please watch their welcome video here. For questions or feedback, please contact email@example.com.
Video Conferencing & Lecture Capture
Zoom & Blackboard Collaborate
To activate your CSUEB Zoom account and to access the Zoom settings dashboard you will need to login at: csueb.zoom.us
- For steps on how to get started with Zoom, read this article.
- For steps on how to create break out rooms, read Zoom's Help Center article.
- For steps on how to add alternative hosts, read Zoom's Help Center article.
- For additional video tutorials, read Zoom's Help Center articles.
- For best practices using Zoom, read this one-page article.
Other Zoom Resources
- All courses have a "Video Conferencing" link setup on the course menu.
- For steps on how to use Zoom via Blackboard, watch this quick video.
- For steps on how to use Zoom Mobile, read this article.
Collaborate is an alternative tool to Zoom Video Conference.
- For information on using manage Zoom synchronous instruction and Zoom security settings, read this article.
Groups, Assignments (Plagiarism Tools), Discussion Boards, GoReact
Below are How-To guides on adding Group Work, Assignments (with plagiarism tools), Exams, Discussion Boards, and GoReact Assignments.
- Group Work - student interaction
- Assignment & Exams - informal and formal assessment
- Discussion Boards - student interaction and engagement
- For information on how to move face-to-face course activities online, read this article.
Advanced Resources for Teaching Online
- Here is a link directly to Social Work's department Quick Start Guide on Teaching Online, to access click here.