University life can be stressful and difficult at times. It can be hard to know where to go and what to do. Our Academic Success and Wellness Counselor is here to help you on the sometimes confusing path that is your college experience. Academic Counseling focuses on two main areas: Academic Advising and Personal Challenges.
One-on-one Academic Advising sessions are available to help you develop your Academic Plan, a yearly plan of courses to focus on. Academic Advising sessions can help you choose a balanced course load and ensure you are continually making enrollment choices to further your progress towards graduation.
You can book your appointment for academic advising, financial aid counseling, wellness counseling, study strategies and graduate school advising through the Bay Advisor.
In case if you need to cancel your appointment, following is the guide to help with appointment cancellation.
We believe emotions are part of being human and they don't just go away when we are at work or at school. Sometimes, challenging emotional experiences can get in the way of being a productive student and it can be helpful to have someone to talk to when this happens. While Academic Counseling is NOT therapy, our Academic Success and Wellness Counselor does offer support in the personal areas listed below that may impact your academics.
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Procrastination and Time Management
- Anxiety (Social, Test-taking, General)
- Communication Skills
- Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Managing Interpersonal Conflicts
- Developing a Support System
- Balancing Life and School
- Personal and Career Development
- Accessing Available Resources
- And More
- "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
- "We like to think of our champions and idols as superheros who were born different from us. We don't think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary. " - Carol Dweck
- "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. " - John Maxwell
- "Dreams and dedication are a powerful combination." - William Longgood
- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.