How will Drop-In Writing tutoring work:
Click on the Zoom Link
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 962 9344 9704
Please patiently wait for the tutor to let you in the zoom meeting. This can take up to 10-15mins
The tutor will work with students for 10-15 mins depending if another student is waiting in the waiting room.
Tutor may put you back into the waiting room while the tutor works with the next student.
Tutor may ask for you to work on assignment and enter the zoom meeting at a later time.
Tutoring availability is dependent upon the program’s budget. Project IMPACT provides customized, one-on-one tutoring in most subjects our students take. One on one tutoring is offered in two distinct ways: Drop in Tutoring Lab and Scheduled Appointments.
- Drop in Tutoring Lab is offered for broader subjects such as Writing and Math.
- Scheduled Appointments are offered for specific subjects based on students' majors.
- Project IMPACT tutors are selected carefully, and their academic records are reviewed.
- Tutors are trained on techniques to work with all types of learners
- Tutors are familiar with various assistive technologies.
- Tutoring is a supplemental service and not an accommodation.
- Students are responsible for bringing something to the session to work on.
- Tutors may not work on assignments or give answers to problems. Instead, they aim to help students discover the answers and understand material.
- Additionally, Supplemental Instruction, a tutor facilitated study experience, is offered for select subjects each year.