Lease Of University Space

The Lease and/or use of campus facilities, including use for events which are cosponsored by university departments or programs typically requires insurance.  Additional information regarding the lease or other use of university facilities is contained at the university’s Facilities Reservations Website.

Minimum Coverage should include liability insurance with a combined single limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate and vehicle insurance (if applicable) with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence. An endorsement should be attached naming as an additional insured the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, California State University, Hayward and the employees, officers and agents of each of them.  The lessee must also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the same above additional insured from any damages whatsoever arising from the use of campus facilities.

In the event that the third party wishing to lease a campus facility cannot provide proof of the required insurance, they may purchase special events insurance coverage from the University.  Costs of coverage are based on the type of activity and the number of people participating.  The insurance coordinator will determine the cost, receive payment and issue the required certificates of insurance to the lessee.