- Student Financial Services & Cashier's Office
- CSU Tuition Increase
- TUITION FEE INFORMATION SPRING 2024
- TUITION FEE INFORMATION FALL 2023
- Tuition Fee Information Summer 2023
- TUITION FEE INFORMATION SPRING 2023
- Student Dynamic Bill
- How To's
- Cashiers & Collections Office
- Payment Information
- Paying Your Fees
- Student FInancial Responsibility Agreement
- Student Finance Policies
- Student Involvement Representation Fee (SIRF)
- Bookstore Programs
- Miscellaneous Course Fees
- 1098-T Frequently Asked Questions
- Military Tuition Assistance Information
- HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Financial Services & Cashier's Office
Summer 2023 Refund Information
Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for direct deposit in order to receive refunds in a timely manner, approximately 1 to 3 business days after financial aid disbursement. Those not enrolled in direct deposit will have a refund check printed and mailed to them when the check printing process is run.
NOTE: paper refund checks may take up to 3 weeks to arrive due to the check printing frequency and mailing time.
Refunds will automatically be credited to your University account. If you are eligible for a refund of Tuition Fees or Non-Resident Tuition for withdrawing or reducing units before the published deadlines, the amount of the credits resulting from refunds are processed as follows:
- Refunds owed to financial aid recipients will be used to repay the funds from which you received financial aid. (See the Financial Aid Handbook located on their Web site.)
- If you are not a financial aid student and take no action, the university will leave the balance on your account to apply toward future charges.
- If you do not wish the refund to remain in your University account, you may apply for a refund. Note: All payments made by cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check will be refunded by check or, if you've signed up for direct deposit, will be directed deposited into the checking/savings account that you have designated. Payments made by credit card will be refunded back to your credit card. All refunds are subject to a $10 refund processing fee.
To qualify for a refund of Tuition Fees, the following is the revised summary of Title 5 Regulations on Refund of Fees, including Non-Resident Tuition. For purposes of the refund policy, mandatory fees are defined as system wide fees and campus fees that are required to be paid in order to enroll in state-supported academic programs in the California State University.
- Before the semester starts to June 4, 2023
Students, who drop all classes or cancel Enrollment in MyCSUEB before the beginning of the semester, will be entitled to 100% refund of all mandatory Tuition fees paid, and foreign/non-resident fees, if applicable.
- Drop Period June 5, 2023 through June 9, 2023
Students who drop units in MyCSUEB, but are still enrolled in other classes, will be entitled to a refund of the difference between the higher fee category (6.1 to 22 units) and lower fee category (0-6.0 units) if applicable. Additionally, if foreign/non-resident fees were charged, the student is entitled to a refund of the number of units reduced.
Student who drop ALL UNITS in MyCSUEB on or before the final day of the drop period will be entitled to 100% refund of all mandatory tuition fees paid, and foreign/non-resident fees, if applicable.
- Withdrawal Period
From June 10, 2023 through July 11, 2023, students who withdraw units, but are still enrolled in other classes will NOT be entitled to any refund of fees. Students who withdraw completely from the University will be entitled to a prorate refund of mandatory fees and tuition depending on when all classes were withdrawn. This also applies to verifiable medical withdrawal. View the Summer 2023 Prorated Fee Refund Schedule for more information.
- After July 11, 2023
Students who officially withdraw from the University after July 11, 2023 will NOT be entitled to any refund of tuition or mandatory fees.
Exceptions to the above rule: Fees collected in error, course cancellation, administrative error, or the student is activated for compulsory military service.
For state-supported semesters, and non-standard terms of four weeks or more in length, students who drop all courses prior to the end of the campus-designated drop period or who officially withdraw no later than the sixty percent point in the term shall be entitled to a pro-rata refund of non-resident tuition and mandatory tuition fees. Prorata refund is determined on the basis of the date of the student’s withdrawal and the length of the term. The length of the term is calculated from the first day of instruction through the final exam day of the period. The lowest percentage of the refund is 40%.
The Late Registration fee is NOT refundable except when due to university error.
How to Request a Refund
To request a refund of the fees described above, please click on the link below. There may be a $10 processing fee assessed. The refund will be processed back to the original form of payment.