Device Voucher Program
For Fall 2022, undergraduate students enrolled in at least 12 units, or graduate students enrolled in at least 8 units, may be eligible for a $500 voucher towards the purchase of a pre-configured device bundle (laptop computer) at the Pioneer Bookstore on the Hayward Campus or online. Additional rules and conditions apply. Not all students will qualify for a voucher. Limit one per student. Voucher redeemable while supplies last. Please share with us your preference and complete this brief survey Fall 2022 Device Voucher Survey.
The program will run August 1st, 2022 to September 9th, 2022.
- Students must be matriculated in a state-side degree program
- Students enrolled in a self-support degree, credential, or certificate program through University Extension are not eligible
- Students enrolled in a continuing education program through University Extension are not eligible
- Students enrolled through Open University are not eligible
- Students must be continuously enrolled at the following unit thresholds:
- Undergraduates: Minimum of 12 units enrolled
- Post-baccalaureate and credential-seeking: Minimum of 12 units enrolled
- Graduates: Minimum of 8 units enrolled
- All students: Presence on a waitlist does not count towards the unit threshold
- Student has never redeemed a device voucher in the current (or prior) terms; students who have redeemed a voucher since the inception of the device voucher program are ineligible
Additional rules and conditions
- Vouchers are only redeemable by eligible students
- Not all students will be eligible for a voucher
- Eligibility requirements may not be transferred
- Eligibility requirements may not be deferred, postponed, or delayed
- Vouchers may only be redeemed towards the purchase of a pre-configured device bundle (laptop computer) as specifically offered at the Pioneer Bookstore on the Hayward Campus or online, 25976 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward CA 94542
- Vouchers may not be transferred
- Vouchers may not be gifted
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other items
- Vouchers are only available during a specific period, from August 1 - September 9, 2022
- Vouchers are in limited supply and only available while supplies last
- The University Bookstore reserves the right to decline the voucher redemption without cause
Device Voucher computers
Visit the Pioneer Bookstore for the eligible Fall 2022 Device Voucher computers.
How the program works
To use the Device Voucher online, visit the Pioneer Bookstore website.
- Select the desired computer and click "Add to Bag". A pop-up will appear. From there select "View Bag and Check Out"
- After reviewing the items in your bag, select "Check Out" on the right-hand side of the screen, this will bring you to the checkout page.
At this point you will be prompted to either create an account or continue as a guest. We highly recommend that you create an account as this will allow you to track orders more easily.
- After creating an account, click “Proceed to Delivery Method” and select “Ship to an Address” or "Pick Up (FREE)"
- If you selected Ship to an Address, enter the address you would like your items to be shipped to. Please review the address carefully to ensure that your materials are not lost in transit. Once you are done select “Proceed to Payment Method”
- In the payment method section select "Bookstore Accounts" and enter your NetID. You will be given a list of accounts to choose from, you must select "Device Voucher Program - Fall 2022" to use the voucher. You may then select whatever form of payment you'd like to pay for the remaining balance. (Please note that the Device Voucher Program - Fall 2022 Account will only appear for eligible students.)
**If you select Book Voucher - Fall 2022 - Pioneer Bookstore Account as your form of payment, these funds must be paid back to the university by Septemeber 9, 2022.
Final Step! Select "Place Order" to complete this transaction.
- Once your transaction is complete, an order number will appear on your screen; please keep this order number for your records.
For questions, students may contact the Pioneer Bookstore.
The Device Voucher is funded in part by the Academic Access, Enhancement and Excellence (A2E2) fee.