Post-Masters Counseling Internship
The Post-Masters Counseling Internship program aims to provide training, supervision, and professional development for registered MFT, ASW, and PCC interns. The position focuses on providing clinical and outreach services to registered CSUEB students.
Interns provide individual, couples, and group therapy, and crisis assessment and intervention to registered Cal State East Bay students. They also provide, outreach programs, and consultation to the East Bay campus community.
- The position starts mid-September.
- Interns participate in weekly individual and group supervision, as well as monthly professional development seminars.
- Positions are two days a week, and include Thursdays. Position is nine months, September to June.
- Interns are paid for all hours worked, including supervision.
The successful candidate will have:
A currently registration with the California Board of Behavioral Health as an MFT intern, PCC intern, or ASW. If registration is not yet complete, candidate should be in process to be registered by beginning of September.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or Social Work
- Strong clinical skills
- Crisis intervention experience
- Strong demonstrated interest in diversity
- Team mentality
- A passion for helping students to create healthy, vibrant lives
- Experience or strong desire to gain experience providing:
- Brief therapy
- Couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Outreach and consultation services
Counseling Services will accept applications based on availability of positions starting in June each year. Please check our HR webpage for available positions or email Training Coordinator for inquiries.
California State University, East Bay Description
The California State University, East Bay, main campus is located in the Hayward hills overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). The university, with an enrollment of over 15,000 students, is noted for its excellence in applied education as well as for the beauty of its campuses and proximity to all major Bay Area cities. In 2015, the Chronicle of Higher Education ranked CSU East Bay as the Most Diverse Public Institution in the Continental United States.
For additional information, please contact:
Shauna Olson Hong, LCSW, Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 10/3/16