- Campus Operations
- News and Events
Campus Sustainability Committee
Cal State East Bay Campus Sustainability Committee (CSC) was created in Spring 2015 in order to fulfill: the California State University System Sustainability Policy; the campus’ Shared Strategic Commitment to, “contribute to a sustainable planet through our academic programs, university operations, and individual behavior,” its sustainability Institutional Learning Outcome to “act responsibly and sustainably at local, national, and global levels,” and in response to the signing of the Carbon Commitment by President Morishita, which includes a requirement to establish an institutional structure to oversee the development and implementation of the associated requirements.
Policy and Procedure updated 9/4/2020
- Promote and support a culture of sustainability at Cal State East Bay
- Enhance the sustainability literacy of students, faculty, and staff
- Review, revise, and recommend plans, projects, programs, policies and procedures to make campus operations more sustainable and meet Carbon Commitment goals
- Advise the Office of Sustainability
- Disseminate information about campus sustainability efforts throughout the campus, community, and beyond
Ex-Officio Members (current membership is available here).
- Executive Sponsors
- Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Director of Sustainability
- Associate Vice President of Campus Life
- Associate Vice President of Facilities Development and Operations
- Associate Vice President of Finance
- Associate Vice President of University Communications
- Associate Vice President of University Extension
- Associated Students Director of Sustainability Affairs
- Director of Parking & Alternative Transportation
- Environmental Services Manager, The City of Hayward
- University Diversity Officer
- Susrainability Liaison Officer (SULO)
Two-Year Term (with option of one-year renewal)
- Faculty (4)
One-Year Term (with option of a one-year renewal)
- Staff Representative (1)
Faculty positions and the staff representative are filled based on a nomination process, either self-nomination or nomination from a campus community member. Nominations for faculty positions will be reviewed and appointed by the Executive Committee to the CSC. Nominations for staff positions will be reviewed by the CSC and voted upon at the last meeting of the academic year.
Faculty serve a two-year term with the option of a one-year renewal. Initial appointments were staggered to avoid terms ending at the same time for each committee member. The staff representative position is a one-year term with the option of a one-year renewal.
Ex-officio members are permanent positions on the CSC. Ex-Officio members are subject to review based on institutional change of position or restructure.
Members of the CSC required to:
- Attend and actively participate in semesterly CSC meetings
- Review necessary meeting materials and provide feedback on materials as requested
- Participate in at least one CSC Task Force or Subcommittee
- Faculty positions act as a resident expert on sustainability in their area and serve as a reference for related CSC projects.
Being a member of the CSC is deemed service to the university and will be considered positively in the tenure promotion process for faculty and position review process for staff.
Meetings & Minutes
In AY20/21, the CSC will meet on the date listed below via Zoom at 2-3:30 pm.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|9/4/2020||Approved Agenda||Draft Minutes||Presentation Slides|