- Today Toward Together
- Reported Cases
- What's New
- Exposure and Quarantine Guidelines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certification
- COVID-19 Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccine and Testing Information
- What's Open
- How to Report COVID-19 Cases and Exposure
- Question & Answer Series
- Resources for Students
- Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Keeping Campus Clean and Safe
- Housing & Dining
- Protective and Disinfecting Supplies
Welcome to Fall Semester 2021. The Hayward and Concord campuses are open for business, though some services may still be operating at reduced hours. Here is a quick reference guide for what's open, and don't forget to check back often for updates.
Pioneer Dining has reopened several of its locations, including the Pioneer Kitchen, Starbucks, Panda Express and the market in the Old University Union. Food trucks have also returned to campus in the walkway between the Valley Business & Technology Center and the Science Building.
Pioneer Dining has the most up-to-date information on current dining services, as well as the fall hours of operation at each dining location.
Pioneer Dining Services also implemented a cash-free payment system to ensure your safety and minimize contact. They will accept credit/debit cards, Flex Dollars, and Bay Bucks for payment. In addition, download the Boost app on your phone to expedite the checkout process and skip the line at Starbucks.
The Pioneer Bookstore
The bookstore's fall hours of operation on the Hayward campus are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday noon to 3 p.m.. Please contact the bookstore on the Concord campus directly for its hours of operation.
RAW (Recreation and Wellness Services)
The RAW reopened for the end of the spring semster on an appointment-based system. Appointments and frequently asked questions are updated regularly on the RAW website. Jennifer Luna, Director of Recreation and Wellbeing, shares additional information about the RAW in this Q&A.
The Library has reopened for Fall Semester. Current hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit the Library's website for more information and more specific hours of certain library services.
Business hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Parking and Transportation
University Shuttles are back in service. Visit Parking and Transportation for the complete Fall 2021 shuttle schedules.
The University Union has reopened and is now accepting reservation requests for events in the 2021-2022 academic year.
Campus Events Registration and Scheduling
COVID-19 risk management planning for upcoming events is required and there is a five-week planning timeline for on-campus events. This extended planning timeline is necessary to ensure on-campus events are safe and that they comply with campus, county, and state guidelines. Due to the advance time needed to get required approvals (such as the fire marshal), all events are required to be approved by the appropriate MPP in your area as an initial planning step, at least 5 weeks before the event. Staff in University Facility Reservations and University Unions are available to help facilitate this planning process.
Event organizers are required to complete a Special Event Plan if the event meets one of the following criteria:
- 50 or more participants;
- Outside guests or non-CSUEB affiliates;
- Food/drink will be provided at the event; or
- Minors or K-12 age groups will participate.
Please be aware that the following safety protocols have been updated:
- Wellness screening conducted prior to attendee entering an event and/or activity. Click here for updated wellness screening protocol.
- There should always be a registration process to document event attendees. Event Coordinators are encouraged to use BaySync as it allows participants to RSVP and the confirmation of attendee check-in with an Event Bar Code. If booking an event in the University Unions, the BaySync check-in is required.
- All events will be subject to COVID-19 safety measures, which may include proof of vaccination, a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours before the event, face covering, and physical distancing.
- It is always good practice to keep extra masks on hand in case they are needed.
As you plan your event, please contact the individuals listed below for assistance based on the location of your event.
- University Facility Reservations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Unions - email@example.com
Have a question about what's open? Let us know in the questions form, and we'll get the update and post it here.