- University Union
- About Us
- Meeting Rooms
- Dining Services
- Virtual Art Gallery
University Union Event Health and Safety Response
Safety Protocols and Guidelines
UU Entry/Usage Policy - 9/15/21
Please see below for the most recent entry/usage policy for the University Unions.
UU Event Reservation Policy - Updated 9/9/21
Please see below for the Event Reservation Policy AND the overall process that MUST be followed.
Event Participation Guidelines - Updated 12/20/21
Please see the requirements below for participants of EVERY event.
UU Entry/Usage Policy
To enter the University Unions, each person MUST wear a mask at ALL times regardless of vaccination status. Exceptions are made should the individual be eating/drinking. While eating/drinking, the individual must practice social distancing. Additionally, exception to the mask policy allows for anyone in a space by themself to be exempt from wearing a mask. For example, if a staff member is in their own private office, they do not need to wear a mask but must immediately do so should someone come into their space.
This policy covers the use of ALL areas in the UU.
UU Event Reservation Policy
As of the date listed above, the UU is accepting reservation requests.
- Masks are required for ALL attendees at any event.
- Room capacity is based on an event’s set up related to pandemic response requirements. In some instances, we may be able to accommodate our original maximum capacity for each room. Capacity will be determined per event.
- Should food or beverage be involved in an event, there MAY be drastic changes to the room capacity to allow for social distancing requirements. A Special Event Plan (SEP) will be developed for the event. It will be routed to university officials for approval and the Event Coordinator will need to agree to the terms.
- Reservation requests MUST be submitted at least 40 business days in advance.
- ALL approved events MUST be created on BaySync in order for attendance to be taken/tracked for contact tracing purposes.
Event Set Up/Clean Up:
- Rooms will be set up based on current occupancy requirements allowed for the event. Each event’s occupancy is different and has been individually approved.
- All furniture/equipment will be sanitized after use using approved response supplies.
- All furniture/equipment will be set up based on social distancing requirements as needed.
Event Participation Guidelines
Event Safety Requirements:
- Participants MUST wear a mask AT ALL TIMES regardless of vaccine status.
- Participants MUST follow social distancing requirements.
- Participants should download their EVENT PASS from BaySync.
- Participants should plan to RSVP for events on BaySync. If they have NOT RSVP’d they may not be allowed to attend the event.
- Participants should expect that each UU event will take attendance for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Participants will be asked to refer to the Event and/or Activity Wellness Screening before attending the event
- Food/beverages are NOT allowed in an event UNLESS it has been previously approved. Events could be cancelled should this occur.
Event Pass Information
DOWNLOAD YOUR BAYSYNC EVENT PASS! Just follow these 4 EASY STEPS!
- Log On To BaySync: mybaysync.csueastbay.edu
- Click On your picture icon (top right)
- Click “Event Pass”
- Download/Save To Your Phone
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND AN EVENT IF:
- Within the last 10 days, you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming I have the virus.
- You I live in the same household with, or have had close contact in the past 14 days with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming they have the virus. Close contact is defined as living in the same house, being a caregiver, or being within 6 ft. from someone who has COVID-19 for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or longer over a 24-hr period.
- You have had ANYof the following symptoms within the past 24 hours that are NEW and not due to a chronic medical condition:
- Fever of 100.4 degree Fahrenheit or greater
- Chills or repeated shaking/shivering
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or chest tightness
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigue
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain or body ache
- Congestion, runny nose, or sinus problem
- Diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problem
- Nausea or vomiting
IF you meet any of the above criteria, you should:
- STAY HOME.
- Contact your medical provider.
- Notify Student Health at email@example.com. Include the best way to contact you in the email.
- Stay home until you meet the criteria to end quarantine/ isolation.
- If you’re getting tested for COVID-19, stay home until you get your results AND feel better.
Daily Health Screening Self Assessment Questionnaire/Vaccination Attestation - UU Events
Event Coordinators must refer all participants the wellness screening below:
- Within the last 10 days, have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus?
- Do you live in the same household or in the last 14 days had close contact with someone who has or suspected of having COVID-19? Close contact is defined as living in the same house, being a caregiver, or being within 6ft. from someone who has had COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or longer over a 24-hr period.
Have you had any of the following symptoms within the past 24-hours that are NEW and not due to a chronic medical condition? fever of 100.4 or greater, chills or repeated shaking, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or chest tightness, feeling unusually weak or fatigued, loss of taste and/or smell, muscle pain or body ache, headache, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or other gastrointestinal problems.