- Veteran Student Services
- Veterans Orientation 2020
- Veteran Students
- Academic Services
California State University, East Bay’s department of Veteran Student Services is committed to following the Principles of Excellence when working with veterans, as stated by the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Principles of Excellence state that education institutions will:
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Service members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.
Veteran Student Services strives to resolve issues as they arise within our department in a prompt and equitable manner. If you feel that we are not meeting the highest standards set forth in the Principles of Excellence, please contact the Director of Veteran Student Services Pamela Baird via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (510-885-3868) and/or submit an online complaint. The Director, or designee, will reply to your complaint within three (3) business days.In addition, you may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. You can submit a complaint for yourself or anonymously on behalf of someone who does not wish to be identified. You will need to identify which education benefit you are using, select an issue category, and provide your complaint in a narrative with the desired outcome. You will also be asked to identify the school and provide your contact information.