The American Language Program at California State University, East Bay (ALP) offers a wide range of high-quality, English language and other programs for students from all over the world. Whether you are interested in improving your English, preparing for university studies in the United States, getting a post-bachelor's certificate, or experiencing life at an American university, we have a program for you! Our programs are designed for flexibility so you can create a personalized course of study, and the international staff and teachers of ALP offer the resources and support you need to achieve your personal, educational, or career goals.
Information for New Students
- California State University, East Bay requires that:
All international students provide proof of a Tuberculin Skin Test or Chest X-Ray, performed in the USA within the past 12 months and
All new and re-admitted students born after January 1, 1957 show proof of immunization against measles (rubeola) and rubella.
- If the Health Center determines that chest x-ray and measles/rubella injection is needed, students will be responsible for the cost. The current Student Health Services charge for a chest x-ray is $20.00 and for a Measles/Rubella injection is $42.00 (fees are subject to change without notice)
- You will be taken to the Student Health Center during the campus tour. At the Health Center you must provide proof that you have met these health requirements. If you do not have this proof, you will be given an under-the-skin Tuberculin test.
- You will need to bring with you:
- The Health History Form, which will be given to you at orientation to complete
- Your passport with your I-94
- Proof of medical insurance (health insurance)