"Donde hay GANAS hay maña”
“Where there's a will, there's a way”
GANAS is an innovative access and retention program at Cal State East Bay that targets and serves newly arrived community college transfer students. The GANAS model offers integrated academic and cultural approaches that welcome and socialize new transfer students while increasing their confidence, engagement, resiliency, academic success, persistence, and, ultimately, baccalaureate degree attainment rates. GANAS is open to all students. It provides a supportive environment that focuses on Latina/o and multicultural content.
Benefits to Students
As a GANAS student you will receive the following benefits:
- Complete your upper-division GE (B6, C4, D4, and CGW)* in a cohort during your first year at CSUEB
- Learn strategies for success in university and life
- Enhance your academic skills
- Receive counseling, tutoring, and financial aid workshops
- Be paired with a mentor
GANAS Program Requirements
- Enroll in one Upper Division GE* course and a one-unit GANAS seminar every quarter your first year
- Meet with a GANAS counselor at least two (2) times per quarter
- Regularly meet with a GANAS mentor
*Students with majors in Ethnic Studies, Dance or Biology will not fulfill all three upper division GE requirements in GANAS, but will instead have some of their GANAS coursework count toward their major. We believe the benefits for all students is equal in that all students participate and bond with their cohort and make progress toward their degree, either byfulfilling GE and/or major requirements.
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Student and Faculty Support (SF)
Phone: (510) 885-2960
Meetings by prior arrangement.
- November 30, 2015 - CSUEB Transfer Student Application Deadline
- December 1, 2015 GANAS Application Opens - Space is limited, applicants are encouraged to apply early!
- March 2, 2016 - GANAS Priority Application Deadline - Documents received after the priority deadline will still be accepted on a space-available basis
- March 2, 2016 - FAFSA Submission Deadline for Priority Consideration