Out of State Students

Students who are not residents of California pay the nonresident fee rate. When students apply to the university they may be  required to provide documents to verify their residency status.

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Program

California State University East Bay is excited to be part of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program. Cal State East Bay offers students the chance to further their education with tuition equivalent to that of an in-state resident.

Residents only  from the following states may qualify for the WUE tuition rates:

Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the U.S. Pacific Territories and Freely Associated States.