- Office of Admissions
- Fall 2019 Entering Class Profile
- How to Apply
- Admission Requirements
- Freshman Requirements
- Transfer Requirements
- Second Bachelor Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Veteran Admission
- Documents, Deadlines, & Important Information
- Admission Appeals
- Check Your Admission Status
- After You Apply
- After You're Accepted
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Security Report
- How-To Videos
- Contact Us
Second Bachelor Requirements
At this time, Cal State East Bay does not accept applications from students seeking a second baccalaureate degree except for the following majors: Nursing or online Business Administration BS Degree completion program offered through Continuing Education.
Effective Spring 2019, If a second bachelor degree student is not admitted directly to the Nursing B.S. major, he or she will not be permitted to continue enrollment at Cal State East Bay.
If you are admitted to the Nursing B.S. major, changing your major to a different discipline is not permitted.
For further questions about this change of major policy, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
The following requirements must be met by those seeking a second bachelor's degree. Students are required to:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or better in the last 60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) attempted, or a 2.5 GPA on units included in your bachelor’s degree
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended
How to Apply: Second Bachelor’s Degree Application Instructions
To apply for admission as a second bachelor’s degree-seeking student for the above mentioned programs, complete the following items:
- Submit an application online at Cal State Apply, pay the $70 nonrefundable fee and submit supporting documents by the deadline for the quarter to which are you applying.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay. Official transcripts must be received by the document deadline. Transcripts will be accepted if mailed directly by the college or university or if hand-carried in their original sealed envelope to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center on the First Floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or to the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus.
Some majors may have a supplementary application and departmental deadlines. Please contact them directly for more information.
Your entire application, including course transcripts, will be reviewed by an admission evaluator. The evaluator will evaluate your class standing and determine whether you are admissible to the University. You will be notified by mail.
Please note that you cannot earn two degrees in the same field. For example, a student is not permitted to have a B.A. degree in Geology and then apply for a B.S. in Geology. Consult the University Catalog for details.