- Office of Admissions
- Freshman Requirements
- Transfer Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Returning Undergraduate Students
- Second Bachelor Requirements
- Veteran Admission
- Documents, Deadlines, & Important Information
- Admission Appeals
- Check Your Admission Status
- After You Apply
- After You're Accepted
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Security Report
- How-To Videos
- Contact Us
Second Bachelor Requirements
Second Bachelor Admission Requirements
The following requirements must be met by those seeking a second bachelor's degree. Students are required to:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or better in the last 60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) attempted, or a 2.5 GPA on units included in your bachelor’s degree
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended
Baccalaureate degree may be in progress at the time of application. However, you must submit a final official transcript showing the conferral date for your baccalaureate degree as follows:
- Fall conditional admits must submit a final, official transcript with degree posted no later than July 15th
- Spring conditional admits must submit a final, official transcript with degree posted no later than November 1st.
An official transcript showing degree completion must be submitted or the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Degrees must be conferred prior to the start of the term.
How to Apply: Second Bachelor’s Degree Application Instructions
To apply for admission as a second bachelor’s degree-seeking student for the above mentioned programs, complete the following items:
- Submit an application online at Cal State Apply, pay the $70 nonrefundable fee and submit supporting documents by the deadline for the quarter to which are you applying.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to Cal State East Bay. Official transcripts must be received by the document deadline. Transcripts will be accepted if mailed directly by the college or university or if hand-carried in their original sealed envelope to Cal State East Bay's Enrollment Information Center on the First Floor of the Student Services and Administration (SA) Building on the Hayward Campus, or to the Academic Services Center on the Concord Campus.
Some majors may have a supplementary application and departmental deadlines. Please contact them directly for more information. Not all majors are open for second baccalaureate applications. At this time, the following majors are not accepting applications;
- Computer Science
Your entire application, including course transcripts, will be reviewed by an admission evaluator. The evaluator will evaluate your class standing and determine whether you are admissible to the University. You will be notified by mail.
Please note that you cannot earn two degrees in the same field. For example, a student is not permitted to have a B.A. degree in Geology and then apply for a B.S. in Geology. Consult the University Catalog for details.