Pioneer Success Coach
College of Science
"Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently." - Marie Forleo
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.): Art History, Miami University
- Master of Arts (M.A.): Counseling with a specialization in College Student Services, Saint Mary’s College of California.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Watching movies and YouTube
- Going on hikes around the Bay Area
- Reading books (non-fiction)
Top Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Being a Resident Advisor in the dormitories throughout my whole undergraduate career
- Guidance from a kind advisor on getting my math GE completed successfully!
While in college, I experienced:
- Career indecision
- Being a new transfer student, and having difficulty finding my community
- Time management difficulties (learning how to balance work and school)
Who do you meet with for Student Success Coaching?
Hello! I meet with students who have declared majors in the College of Science (CSCI) that are referred to me. **Nursing majors should meet with their Nursing advisors**
How are students referred to you?
Students are referred to me via professors, academic advisors, and I often reach out directly to students.
What topics can we talk about?
- Identifying effective strategies for your academic success; studying, note-taking, time management, using SCAA, the Math Lab, Supplemental Instruction.
- Identifying and accessing social and emotional support, and connecting to campus and community resources.
- Building short term and long term goals for your success in your academics, overall wellness, and professional development.
- Advising on your overall progress to completing a degree at CSUEB.
- Advising on academic policies and procedures (withdrawals, choosing a major, General Education, university requirements, alternate majors, course substitutions, petitions and referrals to other campus resources).