- Department of Biological Sciences
- Office Hours
- Undergraduate Degrees & Certificate Programs
- GRADUATE PROGRAM
- Biology MS Program
- Biotechnology Certificate Program (BCP)
- MS in Marine Sciences
- For Faculty
- Faculty Directory
- Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Research-Related Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Fellowships & Scholarships
- Pre-Health Professional Info Opportunities
- Student Clubs & Organizations
Research Conferences & Other Opportunities
Please note that the opportunities listed below are in order of their application deadline. Be sure to look at the "program dates" to determine when the actual program takes place.
The Spatial Ecology and Conservation Science Lab at Cal Poly
- Deadline: Apply by Tuesday, February 28th at 11:59pm PST
- Program Dates: Begins Fall 2023 Semester
- Key Info: The Spatial Ecology and Conservation Science Lab at Cal Poly Humboldt is recruiting two M.S. graduate students. The project aims to characterize fire severity effects and risks on threatened and endangered species in coastal forests. The successful candidates will apply cutting-edge spatial models to advance understanding of habitat, connectivity, and occupancy for various species (e.g., Humboldt marten, fisher, etc.) across multiple scales. Strong preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in computer programming (e.g., R, python) and geospatial software (e.g., ArcGIS, R).
- To Apply: Email Dr. Ho Yi Wan: email@example.com
- Minimum qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Ecology, Biology, Wildlife, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, or related discipline
- Interest in developing advanced quantitative skillsPreferred qualifications:
- Research experience (data collection, analysis, and writing)
- Strong background in fire ecology and wildlife ecology Experience in GIS
- Questions?: If you have any questions about the program, please email Dr. Ho Yi Wan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third Annual Evolution and Ecology Graduate School Preview Program
- Deadline: Apply by Sunday, July 17th at 11:59pm PST
- Program Dates: August 1-19
- Location: Free online!
- Key Info: UC Davis graduate students are pleased to announce their third annual Evolution and Ecology Graduate School Preview Program, a virtual three week program in August that teaches the ropes of applying and thriving in graduate school! Participants get access to weekly information and Q&A sessions led by current graduate students, community building and networking opportunities with other participants and UC Davis faculty, and a mentor that can provide a more personalized experience and will stay connected after the program ends. This event is open to anyone considering going to graduate school in evolution and ecology. We especially encourage individuals from traditionally excluded groups in STEM to apply.
- To Apply: Visit here.
- For more information: Visit website here.
- Questions?: If you have any questions about the program, please email Tracie Hayes (email@example.com) or Maddie Armstrong, (Preview Program Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.)