Women in Leadership
Enhance the potential for graduates and alumni to advance in their professional journeys. Create awareness of the capabilities they need to navigate through their careers, and empower them through training, coaching and mentorship. Encourage them to “build the muscle” needed through active engagement and leadership in social impact and community programs. Ultimately, create a network effect where successful alumni in turn can lift others.
Connect With Today's Leaders
Women in Leadership Speaker SeriesHear from professionals, including alumni and executives, and gain insight on how they became leaders of today.
All speaker events are held via Zoom on Tuesday and Saturday evenings PST and open to students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of CSUEB.
Check out the speakers for Spring 2021 and RSVP by going to the Speaker page.
- ''Our goal is to empower a new generation of leaders by giving our students the support, training and network they need to rise.''- Dr. Asha Rao, Program Director
Help us meet the Challenge Match for Day of Giving!
An anonymous donor has offered a matching challenge gift of $5,000 for the Women in Leadership program for the Cal State East Bay’s Day of Giving campaign. We welcome gifts of any size to help us meet the match. Make your gift here – your gift will be doubled!
The Women in Leadership (WIL) Program in the College of Business and Economics provides the opportunity to accelerate students’ skills to enable them to succeed and advance professionally. This is an academia-industry collaboration that provides a significant and high-impact learning experience with insights from industry leaders, and creates the opportunity for high-potential students to work on social impact initiatives with their mentors to practice what they have learned..
Key Program Elements:
- Mentoring: Fellows are paired with a business executive mentor for the academic year who will provide advice on professional development.
- Women in Leadership Seminar: Fellows will enroll and participate in a Women in Leadership seminar at CBE in Spring 2021 (Mgmt. 624/Mgmt. 400)
- Social Entrepreneurship Leadership Project: Fellows will engage in the social sector and contribute to their community in a social entrepreneurship project of their choosing in Spring 2021. [i]Fellows will present their projects at a reception in May 2021.
- Allowance: Fellows will receive an award of $1000 (contingent on funding availability and meeting program requirements)
[i] For example, fellows can identify a non-profit such as National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Habitat for Humanity, Alzheimer’s Foundation, CSUEB’s Pioneers for HOPE, or Kiva to lead an initiative for them. Fellows can also create a project from their own vision that will positively impact the community. Take a look at what our Fellows have done in 2019-2020.
Moving into its second year, the Women in Leadership program is seeking to expand its support for women in various stages of their career trajectory. The program is now open to both graduate and undergraduate students. We recommend you review the profiles of past Fellows and their projects to familiarize yourself with the program.
This program is open to Hayward and Online BSBA rising seniors and Hayward MBA and MSBA students.