- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Program
- Institutional Review Board
- IRB News & Updates
- Protocol Submission
- Does My Research Require Review?
- Review Categories
- Review Process
- Review Decisions
- Criteria for Approval or Suspension of Research
- Normal Educational Practices Considered Exempt From Full Committee Review
- Protocol Guidelines
- How to Facilitate IRB Protocol Review
- Issues of Special Concern
- Complete Protocol Package
- Elements of Voluntary Informed Consent
- Guidelines for Obtaining Assent from Minors
- Human Subjects Research Training Course
- Forms & Templates
- Modification Review
- Continuation Review
- Adverse Events
- Protocol Deviation/Violation
- Use of Deception in Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IRB Membership
- Other Resources
- IRB Membership
- Understanding Reliance Agreements
- Policy Library
- Forms Library
- Centers and Institutes at CSUEB
- Monitoring Tools
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- IACUC Chair: Murray Horne, Ph.D.
- IACUC Veterinarian: Rosemary Broome, D.V.M.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs provides administrative support to the CSUEB Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The IACUC is responsible for ensure the humane and ethical treatment of animals used in teaching and research by members of the CSUEB community, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and university policies.
Please refer to the links on the left-hand side navigation menu for more information.
For a one-page synopsis explaining the guidelines and federal regulations for CSUEB faculty activities involving vertebrate animals, please see the IACUC Guidelines.
If you have any questions about obtaining approval from the IACUC, contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or the IACUC Coordinator, Cameron Ryczek at 510-885-3441 or email@example.com.