to Cal State East Bay
Undergraduate Degree Programs
California State University, East Bay offers admission to CSUEB undergraduate programs to those students who are academically qualified, but have not met the English language requirement below at the time of application. These students are issued a conditional admission letter to CSUEB and advised to attend the ALP Intensive English Program until they meet the language requirement.
Undergraduate Degree Admission Requirements
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or TOEFL score of 525 (pbt), 197 (cbt) or 71 (iBT)*
- 12 years Elementary and Secondary schooling with a 3.0 grade point average (G.P.A.) or B
- Diploma or Certificate of Completion of secondary education
For Transfer Students
*IELTS or TOEFL may be waived for students with three or more years of high school in a school where English is the only medium of instruction.
Admission requiments are subject to change.
For complete CSUEB Undergraduate Admissions Information visit: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/prospective/how-to-apply/international-student-admission/index.html
How to Apply for Conditional Admission
Step 1: Complete Intensive English Program Application:
Download and complete the Intensive English and IELTS Preparation Program application form
Pay $100.00 application fee online, personal check, cashier's check, or money order made payable to CSUEB
Step 2: Complete University Application through "CSU Mentor":
- Go to CSU Mentor
- Click on the green box for the next available quarter
- Create an account for CSU Mentor: name, address, username and login
- Select the campus CSU East Bay International and click [start new application]
- Click on Begin Application for CSU East Bay International
- Pay $55.00 application fee online, check, or money order made payable to CSUEB.
- Print out the confirmation page "International Application Agreement Statement". - View Sample
Step 3: Complete the following documents:
- A. Transcripts: Provide official transcripts from all schools you have attended. Transcripts should be both in your native language and translated into English.
- If you have never attended college before: provide a transcript from your secondary school
- If you are transferring from another college: provide your secondary school transcript as well as transcripts from any other college you have attended.
- B. Declaration of Finances Form:
- C. Verification of Finances:
- Provide a bank statement or letter from the financial institution of the student or his/her sponsor showing at least $30,975
- D. I-20/Letter of Consent Form:
- E. Confirmation Page of the CSU Mentor Online Application (See Step 2)
- F. A Legible Copy of Your Passport (name page and photo)
- G. International Student Housing Interest Form
- H. Transfer Form if you are transferring from another US university or school
Step 4: Submit all documents listed in Step 1-3 to ALP:
- Mail, fax, or hand-deliver your completed application packet to:
American Language Program
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, ST-190, Hayward, CA 94542-3012 USA
Telephone: 1-510-885-2358 (8:00 to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time)
- The completed application will be reviewed by the CSUEB International Admissions Office, and you will be contacted regarding your application status by the ALP office.
- If you are qualified for conditional admission, a conditional admission letter and I-20 will be issued by the CSUEB International Admissions Office indicating that you will be admitted to a university undergraduate degree program upon meeting the English language requirement.
- Please allow 10-15 business days to process your application.
For further information please contact Meena Sharma, ALP Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.