Risk Management & Internal Control

Student Travel Insurance

Any California State University, East Bay student, including students enrolled in Extended Education programs are covered under the Student Travel Accident Insurance while they are traveling to or from or participating in a school-sponsored activity away from the home campus.  This is excess insurance and only supplements other health care plans and only pays after any other plan, regardless of any coordination of benefits provisions in the other plans.

A school-sponsored activity includes a mandatory part of a course requirement or an activity sponsored by a University Auxiliary organization (including but not limited to Associated Students) or other recognized student organization or club.  It also includes travel to and from intercollegiate athletic events but not participation in such events.

The policy covers accidental loss of life, limb or sight up to $10,000 if bodily injuries result in death, dismemberment or loss of sight within one year from the date of the accident covered in the policy.  If more than one such loss is sustained, only the single largest amount will be paid.  Medical expenses up to $10,000 including hospital stays, medical or surgical treatment and/or services of nurses which are needed as a direct result of the injury within one year of the accident are covered.

Costs of medical services are not covered if provided by employees or persons retained by the California State University.  Also, this is an accident only policy and will not pay benefits for loss caused by or resulting from illness or disease, unless caused by an accident.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share