- University Thesis Option
- Examination Option
- Teaching Option
- Public History Option
- Application deadline for the Fall 2019 semester is May 1, 2019.
- The deadline for Spring 2020 is Nov, 1, 2019.
- The application process for Fall 2018/Spring 2019 is closed.
What you should send to the department:
To complete your application for Fall 2019, please submit the following to the department (in addition to your on-line university application through Cal State Apply https://www2.calstate.edu/apply) by May 1, 2019. The Deadline for Spring 2020 is Nov. 1, 2019.
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from someone who is able to judge your academic work)
- A statement of purpose
- A writing sample (4-25 pages. The sample should showcase your ability to write a research-based, fully cited scholarly essay. Ideally, this will be a paper written for a history class but papers written for other classes are also acceptable. If you don't have such samples on hand, you might compose a new paper on an historical topic.)
- Unofficial copies of college transcripts (your on-line application to the university will require official transcripts)
You must submit the above to the department, separate from your on-line university application, by the department's deadline. MA applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. Please send all materials to Dr. Kevin Kaatz, the Graduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).