Welcome to Academic Advising & Career Education
Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) is a one-stop center for both academic advising and career development assistance, and career services. Our counselors guide students in understanding and completing all General Education and graduation requirements in addition to helping them clarify and attain their career goals. AACE is also home to PACE (Program for Accelerated College Education) advising and is happy to open its doors to all eligible East Bay students and qualified alumni. Start exploring our web pages for academic and career resources. For an appointment with an AACE counselor, please call (510) 885-3621.
*****AACE is CLOSED due to Shelter-In-Place Order*****
- CONTINUING STUDENTS: Want to schedule an academic OR career appointment? Using your Horizon address, send an email request to email@example.com with your name and NetID in the subject line, include academic OR career in your request, and a counselor will be in touch with you as soon as possible!
- FALL '19 FRESHMEN: Need a review of the advising videos shown in your GS classes? You can find them under Academics.
- INCOMING FALL '20 FRESHMEN: If you have submitted your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), your Freshman Advising and Success Team (FAST) counselor will contact you directly to discuss graduation requirements, enrollment, and classes. Be sure to active your @horizon email and check it often!
- INCOMING FALL '20 TRANSFERS: Please see AACE's detailed information about advising for Transfer Students.
- HOW TO VIDEOS: "How to" videos, created by our Peer Academic Leaders (PALs), can be found on AACE's Academics page. Use Schedule Planner, search for GE classes, find your Degree Audit Report (DAR), and more!
- QUICK QUESTION(S): Got a quick question for an AACE counselor? Use our Online Chat.
Cal State East Bay's Online Job Board & More
All enrolled Cal State East Bay students have access to Handshake using their NetID and password. Log in today to access thousands of jobs and paid internships. Complete your profile to maximize your search efforts, opt-in to be searched by employers, and download the Handshake app.
Alumni should contact the Alumni Association regarding access to Handshake.
While sheltering in place and adjusting to your online classes, start to explore LinkedIn Learning which has 13,000+ digital courses taught by industry experts available at your fingertip. Some topics include career planning, interviewing, and starting a new job.