At Accessibility Services, we believe in the importance of a diverse student body and a learning environment that is welcoming, accessible, and supportive for all students, faculty and staff members. Welcome!
We provide academic accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Our counselors determine accommodations on an individual basis after reviewing current professional documentation and meeting with the individual. The purpose of such accommodations is to provide equal access to classroom programs and campus activities in a manner consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, associated California laws and regulations, and CSU policy.
In addition to accommodation and support services to University students, faculty and staff members, we inform and collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure successful implementation of accommodations and to increase the level of access and inclusion of all individuals on campus.
- To provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations and resources to students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
- To ensure the rights and promote the dignity, self-awareness, and self-advocacy of students, faculty and staff with disabilities throughout the University.
- To create and maintain an inclusive, supportive campus environment where individuals with disabilities have full and equal access.
Accessibility Services is pleased to announce a new way to contact our office. Our Accommodate system is for current students, new students, standardized test takers and anyone else who needs to access our services. Please free feel to use it now. Otherwise, you can still always reach us at 510-885-3868 (Hayward Campus) or 925-602-6716 (Concord Campus) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact individual staff members, see our staff directory.
If you encouter something on a CSU East Bay Campus that you feel is inaccessible (physically, access to course or university materials, etc.), please let us know by completing the Report of On-Campus Inaccessibility ( Word | PDF ) and returning it to Accessibility Services as soon as possible.
The Accessible Media deadline for both Summer and Fall 2016 Quarters was May 31, 2016. Requests will be accepted as soon as enrollment opens up. Please see our How To Request Textbooks with Accessible Media guide (Word | PDF) for more information on how to request accessible media.
Additional important dates:
- Faculty early adoption reward deadline: May 2
- Class schedule "live" & faculty adoption deadline: May 9
- First/Priority Enrollment: May 16 - 30
- Second enrollment: May 31 - June 12