Alcohol and Other Drug Advisory Committee
ATOD Advisory Council Goals
The ATOD Advisory Council strives to:
- Educate the campus community about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Prevent and reduce problems associated with alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs use by CSUEB students, faculty, and staff
- Decrease the amount of high risk drinking behaviors and the potential harm caused by alcohol
- Decrease the amount of drugs usage and the potential harm caused by such usage
ATOD Advisory Council Subcommittee Goals
- The Policy Subcommittee updates and monitors compliance with university alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs policies. In addition, the subcommittee ensures the dissemination of the CSU East Bay alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs policy.
- The Assessment Subcommittee institutes a process to regularly assess alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs abuse prevention efforts.
- The Education & Prevention Subcommittee educates the campus community regarding policies and issues related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs use.
- The Community & Treatment Subcommittee collaborates with the campus and surrounding community to ensure access to treatment and other related resources.
- The Funding Subcommittee ensures adequate funding for campus alcohol and other drugs abuse prevention activities.