- College of Business & Economics
- About CBE
- Academic & Degree Programs
- CBE Departments
- Faculty and Staff
Smith Center Past Events
Past lectures have included:
- Milton Friedman, Nobel laureate, spoke on "Economic Freedom, Human Freedom, Political Freedom," on November 1, 1991.
- William Bennett, former U.S. Secretary of Education, spoke on "Politics and Values in Education Reform," on December 3, 1992.
- Lynn Martin, former U.S. Secretary of Labor, spoke on "The Political Economy of Women in the Workforce," on November 16, 1993.
- The Honorable Robert H. Bork spoke on "Politics and the Constitution," on March 7, 1995.
- William Kristol, Editor of The Weekly Standard, spoke on "The End of Liberalism" on March 7, 1996.
- Ward Connerly, Founder of the American Civil Rights Institute, spoke on "Eliminating Racial and Gender Preferences: the Road from California" on June 5, 1997.
- Dick Armey, U.S. House Majority Leader, spoke on "Freedom and Responsibility: The Role Values Play in Shaping Public Policy" on May 29, 1998.
- Steve Forbes, Forbes Magazine, spoke on "The Next Millennium: An Agenda for the Rebirth of Freedom" on May 12, 1999.
- Louis Navellier, CSUEB Alumnus, President of Navellier & Associates, Editor of the MPT Review and Blue Chip Growth Letter, spoke on "Three Easy Steps to Successful Investing and Current Market Outlook" on May 27, 1999
- Scott Kriens, CSUEB Alumnus, CEO, Chairman & President, Juniper Networks, spoke on "The Internet Economy: Old, New or Irrelevant?" on February 28, 2002.