Commercial solicitation and sales of a product and/or services are prohibited on campus unless prior written authorization has been granted by University Housing, Dining, and Parking Services. All commercial services functions must be in compliance with state and county regulations.
- Administration of Policy:
- University Housing, Dining and Parking Services will administer the commercial service vendor policies. University Housing, Dining and Parking Services will approve outdoor commercial sales and solicitation for outside vendors.
- The maximum number of vendors permitted on campus at any one time may be limited by the Associate Director, Housing Operations, Dining and Parking Services based upon campus needs and other activities taking place on campus.
- Fees: The minimum fee for direct access will be $110.00 (Hayward Campus) and $45 (Concord Campus) per day, made payable in advance. A higher fee may be applicable based upon cost of goods to customer, anticipated sales volume, campus services requested, and/or the amount of space required for a specific activity. The Associate Director of Housing Operations, Dining and Parking Services must be included in all negotiations prior to final contract agreement for student organizations.
- Handling of Funds:
- Funds generated from the commercial vendor service program will be handled by the California State University, East Bay accounting department.
- A commercial vendor who fails to comply with agreed upon stipulations for the specified sales/solicitation will have its activity terminated and forfeit and funds previously paid.
- Enforcement of the policy will rest with the Associate Director, Housing Operations, Dining, and Parking Services.
- Students Life will address any violations committed by a student organization or club not following licensing requirement.
- Time, Place and Manner regulations:
- Commercial sales and solicitation activities will typically be permitted between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Hayward Campus and 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM on Concord Campus, Monday through Friday. Alternative hours may be arranged with the Associate Director, Housing Operations, Dining and Parking Services.
- Commercial sales and solicitation by student organizations and other University departments shall be limited to the walkway between the Library and the University Union, and upon special consideration, the walkway in front of the gym, stadium, amphitheater, and dormitories.
- Commercial solicitations that include credit card applications are subject to additional regulations. (Section 1747.02 of the Civil Code, Chapter 1.3; Section 99030 of Part 65 of the Education Code, relating to credit cards.)
- Promotions may not require applicant to be a student for participation.
- Educational material about credit card debt must be available with all applications.
- Premiums or gifts may not be offered or given as part of the promotion.
- Commercial solicitations offering a premium or gift as a part of the promotion may not require participation in the solicitation or sale as a condition for receiving the gift or premium and said item must be made available to any student upon request.
- Each vendor must prominently display and present their product or services in a way that does not conflict with State, County, and University policy. The display must be visible to any prospective participant.
- A signed copy of the approved campus vendor permit must be on display and visible to the public at all times during the commercial activity.
If you are unable to provide your own insurance coverage renters may purchase insurance through the University. Contact Ann Marie Rivas, CSUEB Insurance Coordinator at 510-885-7668 (direct line), 510-885-4908 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
As an agency of the State of California, there are specific insurance requirements that shall be met in order to use campus facilities.
The Client or Lessee shall furnish the University a "Certificate of Insurance" prior to the commencement of a contract agreement that shall provide:
Evidence of Public Liability (1,000,000 per occurrence/2,000,000 aggregate), Worker's Compensation, and Automobile Liability Insurance (100,000/300,000/100,000). Worker's Comp and Auto Liability are required only if employees of the sponsoring organization/group are driving onto campus to work the event. The sponsor shall provide the campus proof of insurance coverage prior to the start of an event. Failure to do so by the deadline stated below will result in the cancellation of the event.
THE INSURANCE LANGUAGE REQUIRED UNDER THIS SECTION MUST APPEAR AS A SEPARATE ENDORSEMENT CHANGE TO THE INSURANCE POLICY. A BLANKET END OR SEGMENT IS ACCEPTABLE.
The following information is needed on the public liability and auto liability additional insurance ENDORSEMENT: Coverage shall be primary and non-contributory.
Endorses the State of California, the Trustees, the University, the CSUEB Student Housing, Dining and Parking Services, their agents, officers, and employees as "additional insured" (The certificate of insurance must specifically state this to be valid.)
Deadline for submission of the Certificate of Insurance is 72 hours or 3 working days prior to the start of the event. Failure to provide the properly executed certificate and endorsement could result in the loss or cancellation of your reservation. A faxed copy of the insurance document will be acceptable until the mailed original has been received.