- The latest information on COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy and Minimizing COVID-19 Risks
- I'm Sick/Someone I Know is Sick. What Do I Do?
- Workplace Checklists and Protocols
- COVID-19 related Human Resources information
- Coming to Campus
- Protective and Disinfecting Supplies
- Campus Signs: Print Your Own
- Overall Health and Wellness
- Current Regional and State Information
- Return to Campus Glossary
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund
- Ask A Question
Resources for Faculty
What do I do if I learn that a student is ill?
It is important that students who are ill not report to campus until medically cleared. Please tell the student to call their primary health care provider or seek outside evaluation. Students may also call the Student Health Center for non-COVID 19 illnesses/concerns. Resources regarding COVID-19 testing can be found here if needed. If you find out that a student is positive for COVID-19, please email your dean and Student Health at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, students may have to submit a generic note of clearance, but they are not obligated to disclose a diagnosis or any health information to faculty/staff.
What do I do if I am ill?
If you experience any COVID-19-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the directions below. If you experience any of these symptoms while present on campus, please be certain to observe social distancing guidelines as you exit the campus.
- Notify your supervisor/ Dean/Department Chair if you are unable to report and seek guidance on how to report your time.
- Contact your medical provider.
- If your illness is non-COVID-19 related, please stay home until symptoms have resolved for 72 hours without the use of medication.
- If you are tested for COVID-19 and found to be positive, please follow the COVID-19 notification process checklist.
- Testing for COVID-19 is not required to return to campus. If, however you are interested in testing here are resources.
Information on classroom cleaning
Per CDC guidelines, all classrooms and laboratories will be cleaned and disinfected once daily before scheduled in person classes. Additional cleaning and disinfection are available upon request through the FDO work request system.
Find more information about Instructional Continuity: Online/Hybrid.
If you encounter a student in need
The Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund provides immediate assistance to CSUEB students in need due to the COVID-19 crisis. Students seeking financial support from the Presidential Pioneers Emergency Fund should complete the Student Application for Emergency Assistance through Pioneers for H.O.P.E.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential counseling and referral service designed to help employees and their eligible dependents resolve personal, work, or home life events. Benefits-eligible employees in all bargaining units are eligible for these services.
ITS' Service Desk can be contacted in the following ways:
The impact of COVID-19 is continually fluid, and the university will post information about campus repopulation and other resources on this website. If you have questions or comments that would improve this site, please submit them through this online form.